Author Topic: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links  (Read 12425 times)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links
« on: December 28, 2016, 06:09:26 PM »
Greetings RTR fans! We are happy to inform you that we have released v3.1 of our RTR8 beta which features many improvements, tweaks and fixes.
You can download it here

NOTE: You must have RTR 8 v3.0 installed prior to applying this patch. If you haven't installed v3.0, you can find the download link and install instructions here

Have fun!
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
-----------------------------------------
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 01:46:54 AM »

We are now working on a v4.0 which will feature a lot of stuff and bring about even more fixes, and we expect it to be finished in a few months, so stay tuned :)
Should any issues arise with v3.1 however, we will make and release a hotfix, of course!
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 11:03:13 AM »
Hey guys, I have one question to make sure I have installed this patch correctly:

I have extracted into the following folder: D:\steam games\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Alexander

but should it actually have been extracted into : D:\steam games\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\RTR ?

Sorry for the noobish question, but just want to make sure that I did this correctly to avoid some unnecessary bugs.

Cheers!

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 05:05:10 PM »
No worries Tomas259!

You need to extract the v3.0 RTR folder into steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander, and the v3.1 patch should be extracted into  steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\RTR overwriting all the files included in v3.1 over the original ones in the RTR folder

Tomas259

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 10:27:07 PM »
No worries Tomas259!

You need to extract the v3.0 RTR folder into steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander, and the v3.1 patch should be extracted into  steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\RTR overwriting all the files included in v3.1 over the original ones in the RTR folder

Thank you very much for this timely support, enjoying the campaign :)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 03:06:35 AM »
Glad to be of assistance, have a blast playing! :D

Endri

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 07:50:18 PM »
Hi, there, I just made this account 5 minutes ago because I really like the style and picks for the Mod such as adding many Factions of that time.

I've rated many Mods before and this is surely one of the topping ones for this year, so as an Advice, I suggest you take a look at another mod EXC (Extended Cultures). Thas mod has a really great build and infrastructure on Trait systems and Characters.
The most fascinating part you will need to look up is the Leader Trait system.
This system kind of Impacts the Family Members when a Leader gets traits.
To put this simply if a leader get "GoodAdministrator 3" (the full level), the other family members get like a "Under the Eye of a Great Bureaucrat" which give a -1 to -3 Corruption.
I hope you implement this type of system to future Updates and hopefully make the game as much graphical as possible while of course maintaining a Lag Free gameplay.

I hope you add like General units in the game that don't get added to the Family Tree, but serve as Governors or Generals in the gameplay (I think you've added that, but not quite sure).
I hope you add some of the EXC traits such as:
"GreekPankrationSkill" which teaches the art of Pankration (hand fighting) to the Family Member increasing his health (I think) and protection from assassins.
And many others like "Merchant", "Manufacturer", "Land owner" etc...

What'd I'd really suggest would be the Installer Exe. (Of the EXC) for the Mod, as this would make the Installment simpler and much concentrated with ease from complexity and errors.
I would also suggest to "thicken" the territorial borders so as to make them clearer and to add land bridges (you know that small land separating Byzantium from Asia Minor, yeah that part) so as to allow the AI to be more effective in expanding.
Units should be able to move faster, much better with fatigue enabled.

Alas, everything you read in the EXC Mod would be very valuable as the Data in that Mod is great,
hell you might even contact the EXC Mod Staff to co-work on this and make a BLOW of the YEAR.

I would also suggest, or if you're already at it, to implement a lot of factional units for each faction alone so as to not create a Nation that is solely (with few or no factional units) based on Mercenary Units such as Parthia or Scythians in the Vanilla which was annoying.

As of now, I haven't found any bugs and have been playing the Illyrians (I'm Albanian btw and I'm really enjoying the campaign).

Again, I have to say to at least try to look at the EXC mod and see if you can implement any of it's systems into this mod because I promise this will be awesomely realistic and fun to play!

I've also notice that at the data/text/names these:
{Sen106x}         Gnouros
{Sen107x}         Skylouros
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just to balance out the ways for the small modders, could you write them down as:
{Gnouros}         Gnouros
{Skylouros}         Skylouros

There's also many unnecessary
Surname and Name repeating such as:
{Thr372z}         of the Taulantii
{Thr446z}         of the Taulantii
{Thr635z}         of the Taulantii
{Thr613x}         Ikarios
{Thr650x}         Ikarios
{Thr690x}         Ikarios

Just.... why? If you want me, I can edit all of these, remove the "ThrXXXx and ThrXXXz" and the repeated unnecessary names and surnames, all in your hand.

Also, hotkeys for the Game speed-up such as the 2x or 4x.
I'd suggest B-Normal, N-2X, M-4x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As some people find it hard to kind of tickle with the Mod when creating Character Traits etc...

Thanks for making this mod, from a 15 year old who still finds fun at this game.  :sauron:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:53:54 PM by Endri »

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 03:32:07 PM »
Endri, I replied to you in the feedback thread :)