Author Topic: One Man. Infinite Molotovs.  (Read 4247 times)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
One Man. Infinite Molotovs.
« on: March 07, 2017, 12:33:16 AM »
One Man. Infinite Molotovs.

Play NAO

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:57:34 PM by Jubal »
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
Re: One Man. Infinite Molotovs.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 03:05:39 AM »
And just added a new release, fixing a bug and adding 2 new enemies to up the ante ;p
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 02:02:14 PM »
Fixed the broken link :)

Main problem, I usually have no idea where I am (making that more obvious might be nice) and I'm not sure what I get points for. But other than that, it's good fun :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 01:12:59 AM »
Thanks! Yea losing the player has been pointed out,  probably the next thing to fix. Any tips how to go about it? Even with a unique avatar it'd be hard to track even all hell breaks loose. And I don't want to curtail the hell.

Oh and you get points for blowing up everything.... and everyone ;p

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 12:33:47 PM »
Right, clocked up a solid 20K score, further thoughts:

- I'd rather have the enemies get stupidly powerful than increase in number, once you get to high wanted levels the game just keeps throwing fireproof cops at you but they can never actually catch up with you, and also you get so many that it really badly slows the game down. Consider instead just having them run you over with a tank at some point or something?
- An arrow above the player's head that's visible through/over the fire, or one at the screen bottom, could track the player?
- Would be fun if the buildings interacted with fire slightly more interestingly, they just get scorched and then magically self-repair at the moment.

It's fun though in a mindlessly explosive sort of way, good job :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 02:47:47 AM »

It's fun though in a mindlessly explosive sort of way, good job :)

Thanks, that's EXACTLY the intention. When working on Headliner I added a cheat to throw a molotov to test the mechanic... and then I realized how fun it was to just run through the whole street spamming the key like crazy  ;D  That's literally how this game came about haha...

That's a good point, I know performance is an issue. The invincible cops I added real fast just to add a bit of a stopgap to the game; before people were getting to ridiculous 90k+ scores on first day lol. Tanks are indeed next on the potential enemy list :)

The houses are a bit of a limitation since the whole background is actually entirely static image, there is no concept of a building ;p you just cant walk further up than certain y coord haha. But definitely, if this becomes a bigger game, destructible buildings would be neat. I was also thinking of making it so you can explore the whole city isometrically instead of just walking left/right. But that'd be a much bigger change .

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 11:20:34 AM »
Yeah - just it isn't the invincible cops that stopped me so much as the fact they were slowing my computer down with their vast numbers and I got bored of moving too slowly! :P

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 03:30:23 AM »
Yea I getcha. I'm aware of the slowdowns.

Little Sneak-peek at a new enemy coming...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 01:52:31 AM »
Excellent, yay! :) (Though the tank being directly side-on does look a little odd given you can see the tops of the cars and buildings...)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 09:04:32 AM »

yea I know but im working with what I got :p

Anyway, TANKS are rolling in! New version up =)

Go and PLAY!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 01:10:59 AM »
And you're in Updates from the Forge again with much burny burny goodness :)

http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5106.0

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 02:28:14 AM »
Sweet, thanks for the mention :)