Author Topic: Hey Everyone! I'm Publishing a New Tabletop RPG - "Infected!" What Do You Think?  (Read 5303 times)

Oliver R. Shead

• View Profile
    • Infected RPG
    • Awards
Hi everyone!

I'm new to Exilian, though excited to be with a bunch of hard-core game enthusiasts! I've been into almost every sort of game - from Warhammer and 40k, to Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Axis and Allies, Shogun, Dungeons and Dragons... you name it!

Now I've made my own. It's been a big step. A huge undertaking really.

It's called Infected! and is a tabletop RPG set after a zombie apocalypse - with a twist. You see, the outbreak is over, the world is broken but still functioning in a Dark-Ages sort of way, and the infected have been all-but wiped out. So now is the time for humanity to rebuild society once more... or, to tear it all down, and descend into total anarchy.

The idea is that society, still functioning, is full of countless of points of interest. Societies have evolved. There are countless factions, new political entities, governments, armies and religions. Though life is dangerous, sure, it's not suicidal to go outside your settlements. In fact, people have to! No town is an island unto itself. People need other people to survive. Thus, there is in many places a brisk amount of trade ferrying down the roads that wend through now-ruined mega-cities. Sure, there are dangers, but society carries on.

This is what gives so much possible interest. The danger is not so great that shutting yourself in a bunker is really a sane move. Now that the worst has passed, you're liable to simply die of boredom in your bunker. The Infected, not being dead, and needing to feed, are parasites on humanity, and can only survive where plenty of people are. If there are no people around, the Infected aren't around either. So just sitting in a bunker is liable to simply make someone go mad. Most people live in towns. Many of which are actually starting to grow again.

The real danger of the Infected is not that they're going to eat people. It's their virus. In the early stages of the infection, the virus is airborne and tremendously contagious. This is what can decimate whole towns. Even then, those who are taken by the virus usually just die from it. Some few survive. A small percentage (about 30%) wake changed. The virus is still consuming them. It demands that they feed. They're not dead. Their animal intellect remains - a fierce, predatory cunning.

A lot of people have told me zombie settings have been done to undeath, but personally I don't think so. I think that a setting doesn't have to be a cliche. Just like not every fantasy setting is a ripoff of Tolkien, not every zombie story is exactly like The Walking Dead!

In any case, I really hope you like the setting. It's on Kickstarter[/url] now if you'd like to check it out even further :)

Cheers guys - here's a few of the art pieces from it down below.

~Oliver

-Oliver

Infected RPG is now on Kickstarter! Will you rebuild society, or tear it down?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
As this is new and in development, moved to tabletop design.

I like the "functional post-apocalypse" thing, it works much better than the "we're all sitting in bunkers" which just seemed a recipe for humanity dying out fast to me.

Is your game based/set around any country or part of the world in particular? :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Probably America. :P Hopefully not though.

Australia setting would be epic. ;D I really hope you've done it in Australia!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:11:19 AM by The Khan »
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Fincolour

• View Profile
    • Awards
You make me more knowledgeable. I like all of you very much