Author Topic: Back Through The Wardrobe?  (Read 2094 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Back Through The Wardrobe?
« on: August 15, 2017, 11:50:01 PM »
So, as stress relief/because it's fairly mindless work from my POV, I've been messing around with this recently, and am thinking I might do a little re-release, not that I suspect anyone will play a mod for a 12 year old game but given I've done the work now I may as well get it out there.

Things I've done:
  • UI cards are done for the whole game bar rebels & one faction (Surval)
  • Strat map prettification is underway, faction banners no longer have the vanilla icons on them.
  • Surval has undergone a significant backstory-redesign, bluntly to make it less of a horrendous caricature of "generic tribal jungle culture as seen by clueless European" which is basically what it was previously. It's now much more clearly got some roots in Zulu mythology and culture, with renaming of units & concepts to make that clearer.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Back Through The Wardrobe?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:03:08 PM »
Now done:
  • Every faction has a general model
  • All stratmap army models sorted
  • All UI cards complete
  • Rebel groups ingame & all towns have starting garrisons
  • Trade system fully worked out
  • 4 new units added; 3 narnian, 1 marauder
  • All new buildings now have proper interface cards
  • New loading screens!

Still possible:
  • Maybe some more units
  • Stratmap models for assassins, diplomats, and spies possibly
  • More building tweaks and maybe edits to traits/ancillaries etc? I've never really liked trait/ancillary editing but it might be worth doing.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...