Author Topic: John Mambo "Pacifying the World"  (Read 2984 times)

JohnMambo

• View Profile
    • Awards
John Mambo "Pacifying the World"
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »

Hello.
We are a small indie studio of 3 persons (Programmer/Artist/Media) based on Spain. We are working on a crazy pixelated retro game called John Mambo “Pacifying the world”, it commemorates old classic games like Cannon Fodder, Mercs, Commandos, Metal Slug… It is an arcade game with some strategic elements full of humor.
John Mambo is a One man Army who fights alone… mostly because nobody wants to fight with him.
We already have a very nice polished Demo, it is a lot of work, full of beautiful details and we put all our heart on this game :) -We will appreciate a lot if the gaming community can take a look, and test to improve some technical details of our demo. It an arcade full of fun.

Many thanks!

http://www.ictiongames.com/mambo/

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: John Mambo "Pacifying the World"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 09:32:52 AM »
Moved to the Indie Alley, which is our place for in development and independently created games :)

Welcome to Exilian! The game looks good fun, I'll have a look at the demo later if I get a chance after work.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

JohnMambo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 02:28:18 PM »
Many thanks Jubal!

If you find an error (graphic/code/etc) please contact me... we are looking for bugs to fix the demo.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 11:01:48 PM »
So I played through mission 1, thoughts:
  • I'd like more decision-making and variation, it seemed like there were quite few tactical options and often the path decisions were a "good" path (sneak forward) versus a "bad" one (set off the alarms) whereas more difficult decisions would be nice.
  • Hopefully you've planned this anyway, but the game will probably need a short tutorial level to help people get used to the controls.
  • For some reason, the first time I ran through it there was sound in the menus but not in the main level - after I died, the sound appeared the second time.
  • It also wasn't always clear how being shot, lives, dying, and game over related to each other, this might need better UI or a tutorial explanation.
  • Not all the English translation is perfect - I'm happy to look over it and give suggestions to improve it if that'd be helpful, I've worked as a proofreader in the past. :)

It's fun though and it's clear the sort of film/adventure genre it's trying to satirise, and it's funny from that perspective so the game does seem to do what it sets out to :) It needs a bit more polish and slightly improved gameplay mechanics, but it's definitely on the way there.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

JohnMambo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 04:01:30 PM »
Many Thanks for your feedback :) We added new features and corrected some things according to your feedback :)

-When the player receives a hit now is more visible the damage.
-We included more decision and paths.. but only available on the next levels ( the first level is a tech demo).
-working on the English translation... thanks for your offer :) I might ask you some questions about :)

Also, I want to inform all of you that we are now online at Kickstarter!!!... You can find all the new features planned for this game at:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2034244219/john-mambo

Many Thanks!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 11:05:34 PM »
Great, good luck with the kickstarter :) And sure, do give me a shout if I can help with any of the translation stuff.

Aurioch

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 03:42:48 AM »
Nice, this does bring out that nostalgic feeling (though first game that came to my mind was Ikari Warriors, thanks AVGN). Good luck with the kickstarter!