Author Topic: Remaining TODO before release  (Read 6849 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Remaining TODO before release
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:24:37 AM »
Right, I need to make a list to stop this dragging on forever, so:

• Finish campaign interface improvements
  • Do battle interface changes
  • Ship additions: Sea Serpent, Merpeople, maybe Kraken/Squid
  • Units: Tikoloshe, Rebel Wiggles, White Wolves, (Secret Unit Sp), (Secret Unit Bw)
  • Ensure all units are campaign recruitable
  • Building card UI for (Secret Building)
  • Finish temple fixes
  • Tweak priest ancillaries
  • Tweak rates/factions of other ancillaries
  • Add ancillaries: Trumpkin, Reepicheep, Sword of King Peter, Horn of Queen Susan, Vial of Queen Lucy, generic Dwarf, generic Badger, generic Centaur, Marauder hag

Stretch ideas:
  • Bonus faction unit ideas: Sangomas, Woses, OT Horse Archers, Arch Vassal Cav, Tel elite swords, Maenads, Devotees of Tash, Sea Kindred
  • Bonus ancillary ideas: Tokoloshe ancillary, Child of Ramandu, Dufflepud, Priests of Calor/Mun/Erin deities, Inyanga, Sangoma, Mermaid, Adventurer
  • Bonus building ideas: +2 Munesh Temples
  • Local (loc-recruit or rebel) units: Galmian Sailors, Galmian Sailing Ship, Guards of Teshish
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:48:59 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

megustapracticar02

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Remaining TODO before release
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:10:53 AM »
Good luck finishing it all! And it's all good, I'd rather wait and have a perfect mod. I could help a bit if needed.
However hard you try, you cannot outwit a fool.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:37:16 AM »
Help would always be great :) What areas would you like to have a go at?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

megustapracticar02

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 02:23:33 PM »
I've meddled about in the files for some time now, though I wouldn't even call myself a half-modder.
However out of all the things you listed, I can probably do all the ancillary work if needed and can write the descriptions for any required units.
PM me (if that's the appropriate means of communication on this forum?) if you want anything from me, I've got some free time.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »
If you can work on the ancillaries on the "Add Ancillaries" list, that'd be fantastic :) I'm happy to do the graphics for them, but if you can PM me at least the descriptions (and if you're OK to do it, the ancillary code, and trigger code) that'd make life a lot easier from my perspective.

megustapracticar02

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 04:03:13 PM »
OK good to know that I am some use to you :)
They'll be ready by next Saturday I think, does that sound good?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »
Yes, great :) I'm not sure how much time for modding I'll get this week - I'm spending today on it mostly, but I've got to move house for the third time in as many months at the end of next week so during the week I'll have that to prepare for!

On the plus side, I think I've finally finished the interface improvements/changes:

Campaign:

Battle:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 11:50:31 PM »
Added all the ancillaries, gave them all particular special triggers (including two new special building additions to allow for that), and made their pictures :)

megustapracticar02

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 01:15:20 PM »
Good to known my (very minor) work was appreciated!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 05:57:06 PM »
Very much so, and thankyou again for doing it :) If you feel like doing any more, I can send you a short list of extra bonus ancillary ideas that need descriptions!

megustapracticar02

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 04:58:55 PM »
Actually I've got a lot of free time, so I'll be up for it if you send me the list  :)

RustaviPoet

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 04:48:30 PM »
A quick update (I'm posting from a different account temporarily thanks to a hacking attack targeting my main account): lots of new units! I've managed to do some good work fleshing out the unit rosters for a variety of factions.

• Erina now has all four major tribes represented: the island-dwelling Kustrins supply an extra heavy infantry unit, and the nomadic Atakors provide two cart/chariot style units. The temples of Tezaya also supply small berserk units of warrior-monks.
  • Most Surval units have had the chant ability removed: they have a Sangomas unit that has it still.
  • The Telmarine Narnians have several new elite-end units which should make them a lot more fun to play with: the honour guard, a high-morale spearmen unit, the first swords, a heavy armoured infantry body that can form testudo, trebuchets, and inner circle knights, a new ultra-heavy cavalry force. Koraly also gets the trebuchets, and Old Telmar has a unit of horse archers available.
  • The Calormene roster has been fleshed out too: they have a mid-grade cavalry unit, the lancers, between their light sword-armed cavalry and their elite noble cav. They've also now got the Devotees of Tash, a massed light infantry unit with high morale available from Tash's temples (he is a war god after all), and ramming crews which can be useful for rapid siege warfare.

I'm just working on a couple of new Archenland units as well - by the time of the release every faction (except probably Harfang, because they crash so often that it's super annoying to test them) should have at least one new unit. :)

megustapracticar02

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 07:51:27 PM »
Very good to know Jubal! Sorry to hear about that hacking attack. Anyways, just to say that I sent you the work earlier today, hopefully you'll be able to receive it.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 01:53:03 PM »
Yes, I got it :) Sorry things are taking longer than expected!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 11:30:13 PM »
Update: still apologetically chewing through some unit roster expansions. Most recently, the Koraly armies have gained access to the falx-armed Royal Guardians and the Goldhelm pikemen as elite units, and some crossbowmen, whereas the Lone Islands can get pirate crossbowmen, the heavy infantry of the Narrowhaven Seaguard, and the flamboyant Merchant's Guard as extra units.