Author Topic: Game Developer's Small Music Asset Pack  (Read 6136 times)

yobob

• I write music! And I make Games!
    • View Profile
    • Yobob's twitter updates
    • Awards
Game Developer's Small Music Asset Pack
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:15:11 PM »
Y.B. Music Asset Pack

It's hard to develop your game, especially if it's a one man army, but fret not! I will help you relieve some of that stress. At least music wise. I can create music for your small game: dramatic music, slow music, scene cut music, and best of all, battle music. As an Indie Game Dev, it's tough, but I'm here to help you.

I would like to make more music for you guys but I'm at a lost as to what type of " musical feeling" you guys need in your game. Leave me a comment or private message me what you guys really need the most and I'll see if I can whip out something for you!

1) How this would work:

If enough people want a specific theme, like dungeon theme, or boss theme, or even battle themes, I will make a variety of BGM of that specific theme. At least 5- 7 music so that people can choose from. From there, I would post a link where to download the music! Or you can just follow my sample music and the links will be provided through there.

2) How this would work part 2:

If there are a lot of request and it's mixed, I will mix the music, having a variety of music to choose from. One can be a dungeon theme, and a town theme, or even a battle theme. Again it would be about 5- 7 music you can choose from. And again, I would post a link where to download the music from. Or you can just follow my sample music and the links will be provided through there.

3) How this would work part 3:

It gets better from here on out! You have the choice to influence how much these assets packs are worth! It can be free, it can cost maybe 50 cents or even 20 bucks! I think it's fair to pay what you think its worth. But here's the catch, the community must have a solid agreement on the price, not just you. Don't worry, I'm always on your side. I will always round up to the nearest dollar, hahaha. Just kidding. It'll always be lower, no matter what. I understand the suffering in making a game. It's brutal.

Conditions:

The prices will never change even after years and years in the market. But this is for you and you made it happened as a community!
If my assets turns out to be free, then I request that you give me credit as a composer. And also links to my work. There will be many links to my work, so just pick one. Something that'll promote me is all I'm asking. Just credit me as Yobob.

For now, I have already made some pre-existing work for you devs! It's a variety of music asset packs for you!
The links are further in the description. Just go to my sound cloud or my youtube video and you can download my assets from there.

Current Community Music Wanting:
-Dragon Quest
-Villainous Music
-exotic dessert theme

BGM for certain scenes:
-so far, any

Price:
Free!!!

When Yobob gathers community feedback and starts to make music:
September 18th, 2007

Link List of assets:
https://yobob.itch.io/yb-music

Details:
Designed for RPG Maker
Music in .ogg & .mp3
Endless Looping in RPG Maker

Terms:
Free to use in commercial!
If my assets are to be free, then please credit me as Yobob
No edits to my music please!

Check me out on twitter for updates on video games or music! Yobob
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:48:04 PM by yobob »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Game Developer's Small Music Asset Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:05:31 PM »
Nice pack :) The sounds definitely evoke a fairly classic, possibly platformy, game style, which works well.

My current game is hobby-only, but I'll definitely keep this in mind for future projects!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

yobob

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
Thanks a bunch. I've updated my post a bit and I want to give more options to devs that need music. Have a look at my post again! and give me some feedback on what you need!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 11:42:19 PM »
Ooh, that's a good idea :) I'm a bit scatterbrained at the moment (moving house in a couple of days) but I'll have a think and get back to you when I have more brain-space.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:55:47 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

yobob

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 01:29:32 AM »
Sure no problem.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 10:59:56 PM »
Soundcloud tag now working, voila:

yobob

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 11:14:42 PM »
Your one hard worker jubal haaha

yobob

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 11:19:34 PM »
I'm just wondering also, r u the same person that talked to me on twitter?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 11:41:39 PM »
Yeah, I run all our social media currently :) It's not technically my role on our committee, but we're short on volunteers to help run this place and have been for a while so I'm doing about three or four jobs around here instead of one at the moment.  :P

yobob

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 11:52:33 PM »
Oh god, it's like a one man army.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 07:40:29 PM »
I do my best :D (Though at some point we really do need to expand staff again, it is getting kinda ridiculous).