Author Topic: Weird Science Update!  (Read 2100 times)

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
Weird Science Update!
« on: May 27, 2019, 08:19:03 AM »
A recent conversion has prompted a look and some ideas how Weird Science works in Frozen Skies under the SWADE rules. How Power Points and Devices work now warranted a rethink for Frozen Skies. Hoping to preserve the differences between Glim-Tech and Ancient Terran devices, if anything to reflect their own style and theme.

http://www.utherwaldpress.com/2019/05/weird-science-update.html

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Weird Science Update!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 11:20:15 PM »
I've been running No Power Points for my setting so far, does that still exist in the new rulebook?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 09:20:17 AM »
I've been running No Power Points for my setting so far, does that still exist in the new rulebook?
Yes it does, though it doesn't work for Arcane Devices (gizmos or whatever given to other characters to use).

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 02:14:41 PM »
Ah, OK, yes :)

I'm planning to do more my own variant when I get the time anyway and write more of a proper styley big miscast table for spells - I don't like power points because it's another thing for players to track (and feels kind of video-gamey too), but I guess they make more sense for some other settings and game styles.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...