Author Topic: Games that could do with bugfixing/balancing/graphics overhaul!  (Read 3142 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Omerta - City of Gangsters could do with all of these. It's a great game at heart but the graphics are bad for when it was released (2013), the imbalances are kind of insane and random graphical glitches happen all the time and level breaking bugs happen only commonly. The expac seemed to exacerbate this for some reason.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2! New graphics would be nice but it look as you'd expect for a game of its age but the game is buggy as armadillo. Crashes on loading screens, quest dialogue out of place, quests not triggering properly, cutscenes not triggering properly, game not working well in fullscreen mode. Daaamn. Plus I'd really love a balancing of force power. Force push should do some good damage really to give LS players an option of going for consular without being gimped for spending points in wisdom :/

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic! Same sort of problems and using old DnD ruleset means that finesse melee attacks aren't a thing unfortunately.

Satellite Reign! I've never seen a game launch with so many bugs (and I played Rome 2, Fallout 4 and XCOM 2 at launch). Quests don't always trigger and when they do they aren't always complete-able when they do, xp and money progress is so weird it's done over time so you're incentivised to stand around doing nothing until you get power enough to take on challenges instead of out-thinking or out-playing the game.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines! My favourite game is not without its share of bugs, fortunately Wesp5 has done a stellar job of squashing them but still. The graphics are dated nowadays and yeah some skills are near useless but that's part of the roleplaying, sometimes you want to roll a character that is good at things that come up rarely in the scope of the game.

Evil Genius! The Theme Hospital-esque game where you play the part of a campy villain and henchmen trying to build an evil lair to do evil things. However I literally can't complete the game because of how bad the bugs and balance is. I could deal with a really hard game or an average game that takes away mouse use but I can't deal with one that spikes to really hard AND takes away mouse use :D Still an enormously fun game and one I keep coming back to despite it being broken.

Freedom Force! One of my top 5 games but again not without problems. For one, a graphics overhaul would be lovely and the ability to play it on an OS later than Windows 7 would be great! The problem is that it doesn't work with dwm (desktop window manager) which is required always on for Windows 8+.

EDIT: Download the GoG .exe (on their forum free for download) if you have any other version and it works on later OS.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:09:33 AM by Clockwork »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Games that could do with bugfixing/balancing/graphics overhaul!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 11:28:00 PM »
I would add Mount and Blade to that list, but we're getting that now, aren't we. ;)
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 11:40:40 PM »
Well, M&B 2 looks like the same game but with prettier everything :P
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 12:56:21 AM »
And so many new little features here and there. It's going to be so awesome!
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Lalirtra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 06:51:09 AM »
I'm looking for a new game to play it offline.