Author Topic: Free Games  (Read 36422 times)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
Re: Free Games
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »
Haha interesting interpretation ;) The filename (free from OpenGameArt.org) for the main char is "Grue" so I guess that's what it actually is. And those are supposed to be fruits and not pumpkins but now I can't unsee pumpkins, damn you ;p What made you think it is a "wasteland" tho?

(But I like the dichotomy of "idyllic wasteland" hmm!)
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2016, 08:19:34 PM »
Pumpkins are more or less fruit anyway! As to why it's a wasteland, partly the fact that it seems to be uncultivated/uninhabited and have mini zombie things roaming around it, I guess? Also possibly the fact that I've been sleep deprived all week and am not selecting words accurately any more. :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2016, 09:39:41 PM »
Oh, I wasn't criticizing your word choice at all, just genuinely curious. The whole reason I am making these experimental titles is to learn how players perceive my ideas and how to communicate my goals better :) So it's good to hear your impressions and rationale behind it!
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »
I've been playing Anno online recently.

It's very addictive and the economy runs while you're offline.
And there are tons of different features.

I can recommend it.

And here's a review:
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2016, 08:10:21 PM »

Hey folks, wanted to share my upcoming Free HTML5 experimental game project: GATHER you can now Follow On GameJolt!

Discover the world, lead your minions, learn their language, and harvest sacrifice for the Gods. Free isometric adventure and exploration game set in an esoteric land.

You control a Wraith sent to the idyllic land and must learn the rules of the world on your own. Powerless to affect the material realm, you must find arcane words to command and grow your minions, gather various items and discovering their use. The Krewski god demands sacrifice - but of what kind? And how will you appease them?

Release Date: End of July

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2016, 08:57:16 PM »
Fantastic, this sounds great :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2016, 08:58:54 PM »
I'm beginning Beta testing this little thingy, so if anyone is interested shoot me a PM :) It's a small thing that takes like 15-20mins, so not a big investment. Lemme know!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »
I've DLed a couple more games onto my tablet recently - I tend to play free android games in a way that I wouldn't often go for free stuff on PC (though most games I play on PC are also free, just I'm playing things in beta stages).

(Also this should prob be unpinned as the OP list thing is like seven years out of date?).

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2017, 03:52:32 PM »
(Also this should prob be unpinned as the OP list thing is like seven years out of date?).

I agree.
This thread had more meaning back when free games weren't so common. ;)
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2017, 11:10:53 PM »
Yes, indeed! It's such a different world now to where we were in '08.

I'm still modding RTW though :P

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »
The absolutely phenomenal sci-fi epic Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty is free to play.

As RTS go, this one is legendary in it's vast ESports presence and it's engaging, slightly campy, low budget high production sci-fi story about a Texan beefcake looking to cure his love of an alien parasite. Without a doubt this tragic love story is one of the all time most iconic stories in gaming history and with good reason, fantastic performances from all actors and facial modelling and animation make even minority of gamers who loathe the gameplay slog through it to watch the epic unfold.

I can't recommend this enough, it's completely free so there's nothing to lose. If for some reason you hate love, stories, acting and camp tragedy then at the very least you now own the best RTS of the last 10 years.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2017, 10:50:42 PM »
Just started playing SC2 now its free. Gotta say, really good solid game and cant complain to completely free multiplayer acesss! Played first online game few days ago, and must say though it has a learning curb its hella fun.
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2017, 11:35:44 PM »
I rarely play it online, only after I watch the pros, really :P

If you fancy a SC2 online game but with a lot of the macro taken out Totalbiscuit hired a dev team to make a multiplayer mod called Axiom which is all the blasting but with automated resource gathering and C&C style queued production.

https://www.axiommod.com/
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.