Author Topic: Gallery Tutorial  (Read 6663 times)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Gallery Tutorial
« on: September 29, 2009, 12:04:45 PM »
How to use ZenPhoto: No. 1 - Uploading Photos to Albums

When you first enter the ZenPhoto admin page, it can be a little overwhelming, so this guide, with pictures, is going to show you how to add images to your gallery.

For the purposes of this tutorial, I'm going to hijack Dimos' album, just so the peeps can see where to go. :)

Once logged in, go to the 'upload tab', and you will see a screen like the one below:

Once you have selected your album from the drop-down menu, you can upload your screenshots. Just click on the select files button and you will start up an explorer window, from which you can navigate to your images and upload them.

You can do Ctrl+Left Mouse Button to upload multiple images, and zenphoto will upload them. Once you have selected your images, click upload, and they will be uploaded to the server.

Next you will have a screen that allows you edit the information of the images you have uploaded:

From here you can do many things, including delete the image if you don't want it. But the main focus is on the title and description. The boxes here are fairly self explanatory, and it is a good idea to add a title and short description to your images, then people have a brief explanation of the image, which adds a bit more colour to it, so to speak. Once you have made your changes, click on the save changes button, and they will be save. You can then go to your album on the gallery to admire your work.

This concludes the first Gallery tutorial, I recommend exploring the options you have available to you, and trying them out. If you make any mistakes, and are unable to sort them, contact me and I can fix any issues. As usual, if you are unsure, you can ask in this thread or contact me for answers. I will be adding to this thread with mini tutorials about certain bits of the system, and what they do.

Enjoy. :)
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

comrade_general

Gallery Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 12:23:43 AM »
excellent, ive been meaning to get on there and add stuff