Author Topic: BUG REPORTS  (Read 26347 times)

Selthor

• View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2010, 09:24:44 AM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
This is for the original M&B, not Warband, I'm afraid.
Darn it.

:/

Now I feel stupid.

JustifiedKnight

• View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2010, 10:12:40 AM »
I don't know if this actually is bug, but if not then please reply where the guy is hidden:)
In the second Zendar given quest you are supposed to find somebody and i don't even know if the guy is implemented, iv'e looked every in Zendar itself and then i thought i might look in the orinite monasteries, taverns around the world(not town ones) and the imperial university, Nothing! so i went online and i read about the Veluca University and i thought YAY! now i looked everywhere nowhere's the dude or dudess to be found, please help me :zegun:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2010, 11:01:40 AM »
He's in Geroia.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

JustifiedKnight

• View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
He's in Geroia.
Thank you and by the way, great mod, you made the game more intresting to play than warband ;) good work :DarkstarOnly:  
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 05:36:33 PM by JustifiedKnight »

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2010, 11:35:10 PM »
Quote from: "Hammar"
Hi guys, love the mod!  I'm having this problem where I play a character for awhile(145+ ingame days), then I save and quit.  When I log back in and try to restore my char., I get a runtime error right at the launching game screen and the game crashes.  This has happened to two of my characters, but when I start a new character, the game works fine.  Not sure what's going on, but any help would be appreciated!
I am having the same problem.  SR will restore my save, (fortunately I make two back ups when exiting) but if you save again after even a slight change, there is a runtime error when launching.  Is the game a total write off or is it possible to fix.  Does this problem lay within the saved files or the module ?  I tried copying the automatically saved back-up file and re-using but the same problem occured fairly quickly.
Module is really good and it would be a shame to now lose several days play when the game is getting seriously interesting.
Has anybody got an answer or any comments?
Thanks
Ker Raven

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2010, 12:01:09 PM »
I've never had the problem myself, so I don't really know what to advise. What does the error say exactly?

It is entirely possible that the file's comehow corrupted, but I wouldn't rule out there being some underlying instability that I simply don't know about - and I'd have no idea where in the thousands upon thousands of lines of code that make up this game to start looking, either.  :-/
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2010, 12:40:56 PM »
Thanks Jubal
I rather suspected that this would be the case.  
I shall not give up, I will start another game and see what happens.
Ker Raven

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2010, 01:29:25 PM »
Hello Jubal

Sorry, more about Runtime Errors, text is

run time error ! program d:\ mount&blade \ mount&blade .exe this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

I have done a bit of 'live testing' and this always seems to occur when the saved game file gets above 10,100 KB (about day 103-130) before that it is fine.

Ignorance prompts me to suggest this may be to do with the available memory as SR is so much larger than Native, I have been playing a Native game for weeks and have got to day 1252 and the file istill only 2,856 KB and runs without problems, but SR is a far superior module it is just rather frustrating that I cannot move a game along past a particuloar point.  I am sure somebody out there with more savvy who understands these techy things,  must have encountered this problem and found a way forward...can anybody help!

Oh yes, a have updated my Direct X (I now seem to have version 10) it did seem to speed things up and make the colours nicer but did not prevent the Runtime Error.

All praise to you guys who have put in so much work on SR, it really is the best mod available (including WB which I really do not like as much as the original game) ......will there be a new update version in the forseeable future ?

Thanks in advance

Ker Raven

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »
Hello Jubal,
Still here just been away for a while.  Even more about the runtime error......
This may or may not be of help or may be a wild goose chase....I have been advised by a genius friend of my grand daughter who has played both 1080 and SR that the problem seems to be caused when there are too many automatic spawns in the game, patrols, plains bandits,  herds of game etc. which create memory problems when saving.  He believes that a permanent fix could be via a code change, but also a 'dirty' fix to preserve the game being played is to turn on ctrl+t before saving....find some of the offending multiple groups and zap them using ctrl+shift+F4, if you concentrate on areas of the maps that you are not currently interested in then it will not effect your current game play too much.  Have not given it a try yet but will feed back when I have.
I have also posted this on 1080 as the same problem occurs and I believe you work on both mods.....still the best mods available.

Ker Raven

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BUG REPORTS
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2011, 11:42:35 PM »
There are a load of automatic spawns, certainly. I'll look into it at some point, though AI scripting for 0AD is taking a lot of time at the moment.