Author Topic: Southern Realms; Main thread and Latest Release  (Read 50892 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Southern Realms; Main thread and Latest Release
« on: February 12, 2010, 09:52:01 PM »

This is Mount & Blade as you've NEVER seen it before. Southern Realms adds a lot of variety to the game, giving you more opportunities, skills, and... and I'll let the features list do the talking, since I'm rather chuffed with it myself.

<big>MBRepsitory Download Link</big>

------------------------------------------------------------

Main Features List:
- Map almost doubled in size from native, showing the Nord homelands, the mighty Empire of Gorinia to the south, and more!
- An extra 18 factions, each with new lands, troops, and heroes.
- Naval travel and combat adds a new dimension to the game; battle cutthroat Nordic pirates or the proud Alanian navy at sea with 2 different ship types and improved boarding ability.
- Foxyman's formations give you the ability to command your troops with deadly precision, but beware; morale failing is now a real problem that can crush the cohesion of your forces.
- Huge troop trees, including several non-faction ones.
- Religions; join the Orinite, Varalite, or Conirile churches to gain access to their holy men, healers, and (of course) battle-hardened religious warriors...
- Face enemies with powerful special abilities such as healing nearby troops, raising morale, or even regenerating health in battle.
- Become a Town Watch commander, with control over the defences of one of the many new or old cities in Calradia
- Hunt deer and boar for food or trophies; these latter can even be taken and sold to those who want them...
- New locations, including country taverns, two universities, and the rogue outpost at Jarren's rock
- Learn one of three skill sets, allowing you an incredible amount of choice in your character development. Either train as a barbarian with the Doaghan, or an Assassin in the alleys of Harlaushia, or learn the arts of command with general Tataca.
- Pubs are rather more interesting; meet the gamblers and drunks of Calradia, along with new mercenary forces that you can hire!
- A ton of other special features; villages now spawn refugee parties when burned, new bandit types roam the map, several companions require quests to allow you to hire them, and troops can be hired in city marketplaces.
- Other new features include shield bashing and spear bracing, both employed by the AI as well as your own forces.

New Factions List
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 09:59:38 AM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 09:56:39 PM »
Finally ! Downloading ...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 10:00:04 PM »
Hell hath frozen over, surely.

In all seriousness though, great work. :D
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 10:23:48 PM »
:D
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 02:53:37 AM »
Jubal i have returned to you!!!!!! Its been a while and i open this up and BOOM SR is done!!!! im downloading now and cannot wait. good job my frumpy british friend.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »
Good to see you back; hope you enjoy it!  :D

Enar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 08:51:05 AM »
Awesome mod!!!  Thank you Jubal.

Having a blast playing but I am getting a lot of lag on the world map.  I thinks its from the ships.  Is there anyway to git rid of them so it just shows groups walking across the water.  It would look odd but way better than the lag.  I seen this work in Roots of Yggdrassil Mod but unsure how it was done.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:01:04 PM by Enar »

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 12:22:52 AM »
I completely missed the new release. I'll d/l it in a bit. I have to finish my current bout of AI mesh editing.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »
Enar: are you playing with all parties visible? If you do, it will lag unavoidably.

The trouble is not the ships, it's just the sheer number of parties on the SR map. There are tons and tons more than in native, and all the little walking animations create the lage.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »
Enar: are you playing with all parties visible? If you do, it will lag unavoidably.

The trouble is not the ships, it's just the sheer number of parties on the SR map. There are tons and tons more than in native, and all the little walking animations create the lage.

Tacitus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
I just started playing for about half an hour now, and have run into my first issue. I was contracted by a fellow in haralushia to whack a dude in a town named halshan. The problem is that when I enter the village, i end up with an error code by the name of "Unable to load scene objects! scn_village_105". While I know this is not exactly a bug, since you have most likely not finished scening this place, i was thinking a list could be drawn up of all the currently scened and unscened areas.

Also, i found it funny that my father could be a "Priests" when starting out. While I am guessing that is a placeholder, it seems like an easy fix.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 10:20:12 AM »
I know the sentence doesn't make sense with the priests thing, but the logic does. I'll edit the top of the menu or something so the English works as well as the theory.

You are wholly correct that not all scenes are done; xGhost4000x is doing a sterling job, but it's pretty difficult to scene a mod this big. If you take a look at the "SR: How You Can Help" thread there's more info on how you guys playing the mod can chip in there.

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 01:11:11 PM »
cant wait to play it, it happens to of brought me back to exilian after ages of being away, downloading now :D :P

oh and mallardia FTW :P
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:33:52 PM by Gmd »
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »
Hope you stay a while eh?
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »
ye hopefully :)
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes