Author Topic: My notes on potential improvements  (Read 7063 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My notes on potential improvements
« on: February 28, 2010, 02:06:32 PM »
Okay, most of these are naming things, you might already have 'em sorted but I thought I'd post anyway.

OVERALL
Add more cities, even if that means making lots of carbon-copies. Each Imperial province should really have a city, several Dwarf holds have been missed out too. Also don't be afraid of factions having an odd balance; the Dwarfs should have few castles as all their small forts often get nabbed by Skaven, but several large cities, whereas Orcs rarely if ever congregate in cities but will hold lots of forts/castles acrss the map. The map's big which is lovely, but it needs to be mroe populated.
More bandits would be nice too, making lil' marauder parties spawning round the Drakwald would be good.

DWARFS
Karak Karin should be Karak Kadrin
The Dwarf King is called Thorgrim Grudgebearer
Other lords should be Ungrim Ironfist in Karak Kadrin, King Kazador in Karak Hirn.
Karak Norn should be in there (in the pass between Nuln and Brettonia).
Zhufbar is (in Dwarf terms) a large city not a village. Karak Hirn is a city likewise.

EMPIRE
Marienburg is not an Imperial city, it's independent. Praag is Kislevite not Imperial, too.
Volkmar's title is arch-lector not Lord.
I'd give each province a city, to make the Empire look bigger and more balanced (not with many more Lords, mind, but plenty of cities).
I'd call it the Empire of Sigmar or just The Empire, since Men exist in many other places (Brets, Estalia, Tilea)
Brass Keep is overrun by Chaos.
They have too many archers/crossbows in their armies, more handguns would be nice.

RATS
Skavenblight is actually south of those mountains at the bottom of the map, dw about that too much though.

ORCS
Why is Skarsnik an Orc?
Can you decrease the numbers of arrer boyz the orcs get? The balance being very mcuh towards combat would be better.

BRETS
The King is called Louen Leoncour.
The archers should have a type of crappy kettle hat, then they'd look wonderfully like the models.

DARKELVES
Car Karond should be Clar Karond
The King is called Malekith.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Del

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 03:16:30 PM »
Thanks Jubal ,

will try and sort all these things out before the next release , you should join the warsword team ;)

Del

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 03:56:36 PM »
if it wasn't for SR taking up so much time I would... that said, if there's any code/script stuff you want from SR I'm happy to supply you with it, and I can do little fluff things like doing names for the Lords or extra scripting flourishes if you want.

Also, to continue this list...

- Mousillon should be Skaven owned, it's a festering canker in the middle of Brettonia that Leoncour has never quite managed to sort out.
- Karak Izor (Copperhold) is near Karak Hirn.
- The Estalian city of Bilbali is in the corner near Skavenblight, I shouldn't worry about adding it now but should you ever feel bored.
- Perhaps you should have some factions at "constant war"? I dunno how hard it'd be to script but i could give it a go. Basically make Orcs always everyone's enemies, likewise Chaos everye bar Skaven and DE's enemies, and so on. The other factions could use war/peace as normal.
- Karak Varn, ner Zhufbar, is a Skavenhold (nother castle for them?)

Also, for any help naming Imperial lords here's a list of the Electors and their titles;
Spoiler: click to toggle

Don't take this all as unnecessary criticism, please, and do ignore me if I get annoying. I'm just a pedant at times.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Del

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 02:30:02 AM »
OK Jubal , I'll take you up on that offer for code/script stuff  ;)

And thank you for all your advice .

Del.