Game Design and Project Resources: The Workshops Quarter > A Game of Colleges: Total War

A Song of Arts and Sciences: A Game of Colleges DOWNLOAD

(1/5) > >>

Jubal:

Being Part One and thus the first Beta of "A Song of Arts and Sciences"

RELEASE V1

This is the first release of the Game of Colleges mod. It is still in beta version, there are still bugs, do save regularly when playing. Thanks to everyone who's worked on this so far and apologies for anywhere it falls down. This is a huge project, and in just a few months we've managed to create a large-scale total conversion mod which we hope you will enjoy.

INSTALLATION
You need Rome: Total War 1.5 to play this mod (not Barbarian Invasion or Alexander). To install the mod, simply put this folder under your Rome - Total War folder (so Rome - Total War/Cambridge/data/otherstuff) and copy the shortcut provided to your desktop. You may well need to edit the shortcut and change the path to your Rome - Total War folder, or simply copy your existing Rome: Total War shortcut and add the command -mod:Cambridge to the end of the shortcut path. If you want the shortcut to look right, the .ico icon file has been provided directly inside the Cambridge folder.

To get the intro video working, you need to find it in the Cambridge folder (it's at the top level, called rome_title) and replace the original RTW movie which will be in Rome - Total War/data/fmv. We strongly advise renaming your old intro movie to "rome_title_old" then putting the new one in. You can then rename them back if you want the RTW intro again.

SHORT FEATURE LIST
  * Many new units including townies, bedders, historians, NatScis, Classicists, ASNACs, and tourists
  * Eight playable factions: The Outlands, The Republic of South Cambridge, The River Entente, The Backs Alliance, The Western Treaty, The Sainsbury's Pact, the Hill COllege Confederacy, and The Exarchate
  * New Loading screens
  * Appropriately themed buildings available
  * Full campaign mode covering Cambridge from Girton to Homerton
  * New faction icons, banners, and game background
  * Game of Thrones style intro video when you load the mod

DOWNLOAD LINKS
http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-game-of-colleges/downloads/a-game-of-colleges-beta-edition

TTG4:
Well there goes my evening! Great work

New fellow:
Hiya ok so this is probably going to be a series of really dumb questions. But I am a student at Cambridge so REALLY want to play this (have been looking forward to for ages). However I've never owned/played any form of Total War before so could you explain what I need  to do. I assume I buy Rome: Total War and then download the 1.5 "patch" and then follow your instructions here. But is it still possible to buy Rome : Total War and is it available on Mac? I don't want to spend money on the wrong or too updated version. Many many thanks and well done!

Jubal:
Yes, you can still buy RTW (you can buy it as a download from a lot of online retailers these days) and if you're buying it new it will probably already be patched to 1.5. I think you do need to get a mac-specific version of the main game, and from what I've read you should otherwise be able to install the mod fairly normally.  :)

New fellow:
Thank you- that's really good. I've downloaded v 1.2.1 "gold edition" off itunes for Mac. But I'm now very confused. I opened the link posted and it downloaded something called iLivid which has now come up in an iLivid Download Manager box. I don't understand how you "simply put this folder under your Rome-Total war folder" :s

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version