Game Design and Project Resources: The Workshops Quarter > Computer Game Development - The Indie Alley

[DELETED]

<< < (10/11) > >>

Phodex Games:

--- Quote from: Tusky on May 07, 2021, 08:37:05 AM ---Looks good!

If the goblins tend to attack the player... it makes me wonder how the first picture was taken!

--- End quote ---

Well as you can see by the lack of user interface, its a scene shot, not ingame :D.

Phodex Games:
[DELETED]

Jubal:
Are the skeletons in this game meant to be sapient (that is, do they actually have an agenda rather than just being mindless like in most games)? Was wondering given the evil rituals thing.

Phodex Games:

--- Quote from: Jubal on June 15, 2021, 11:26:27 AM ---Are the skeletons in this game meant to be sapient (that is, do they actually have an agenda rather than just being mindless like in most games)? Was wondering given the evil rituals thing.

--- End quote ---

No, they aren't. For me, it wouldn't make sense if brainless skeletons had an agenda that goes being taking revenge on the living ^^. This actually made it tricky for me to come up with good idle behaviours for the skeletons. Like what do they do when you encounter them. Standing and walking around, feels a bit boring doesn't it? So far I implemented that they sometimes are lying on the ground and awake from the dead, but I can't think of much more that would make sense, apart from that ritual maybe or making them awake from a coffin or a chair.

However, the other races (goblins and humans) are a bit more complex, but in general, the game isn't too complex in regards to lore. I mean I like writing and would enjoy that, but Raidborn's focus is on gameplay, and at the end of the day it's an action RPG and not so much an RPG if you get what I mean. It's also a matter of resources in the end.

Phodex Games:
[DELETED]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version