Off-topic and Chatter: The Jolly Boar Inn > General Gaming - The Arcade

What digital games are you playing?

<< < (2/15) > >>

DeepCandle Games:
I've been resuming the finishing of my unpainted miniatures! I've also been playing a hearty amount of Space Hulk Death-wing

Clockwork:
@Jub

That's awesome! Did you not like the chanter class? In my mind they're actually one of the best implementation of bards in a video game despite not being called as such. Creating phrases to make a verse which causes spell effects evokes a real groundedness to them imo.

@Baragon - I have deathwing too and enjoyed it immensely, was a bit hard solo for some of it though, and playing it with dodgy headphones was funny because all the enemies came from my right (the working headphone) lol

DeepCandle Games:

--- Quote from: Clockwork on September 19, 2020, 07:00:51 PM ---@Jub

That's awesome! Did you not like the chanter class? In my mind they're actually one of the best implementation of bards in a video game despite not being called as such. Creating phrases to make a verse which causes spell effects evokes a real groundedness to them imo.

@Baragon - I have deathwing too and enjoyed it immensely, was a bit hard solo for some of it though, and playing it with dodgy headphones was funny because all the enemies came from my right (the working headphone) lol

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, have you played it since they published the Enhanced Edition? much of it has been polished up
I don't think the game was really made to be playable solo haha, atleast all my own attempts have failed - Lately there's been a lot of new players which is great though; one thing I like doing in games is showing new players the ropes and giving them an encouraging NPE! I just wish some of the armour skins you could buy let you reskin as various other chapters...

Jubal:

--- Quote from: Clockwork on September 19, 2020, 07:00:51 PM ---@Jub

--- End quote ---

Oh, I love the chanter class, I agree it's mechanically fantastic. I guess I just didn't feel they had the aesthetic/atmosphere I wanted from a true bard class in terms of e.g. spell selection? They felt much more like "here are our solemn mystic chants" than "here are our swishy fun minstrel songs" if that makes sense. Though maybe that's partly just my feelings from Kana as a character and I could make a more bard-ish chanter as a PC.

Clockwork:
@Baragon - Ha, it's not the smoothest ride I'll grant you, but yes, doable as solo! I actually only played it since the enhanced edition was released, I never experienced the joys of regular edition :)

I've not really played much more than the main story though, personally vermintide is more my speed with regards to setting. I still fire up deathwing every now and then though :P

@ Jub - Ah okay I see what you mean and I agree. Kana, yeah. He's a historian with a potentially very pessimistic outlook depending on how you talk to him.

I actually did just that, a smartass dwarf. For me his standout chants were At the Sight of their Comrades, their Hearts Grew Bold, The Fox from the Farmer Did Run and Leap (kinda useless but seemed limerick-ey) and The Dragon Thrashed, The Dragon Wailed I think but I can't remember the third phrase tbh. I suspect it would be that one though. I got chased a lot to use the fox chant. I think I used a crossbow but maybe a pistol?

For me, Pillars strength is in the dialogue choices, so many of them add the character which gives you that clear image and sound of your character. Mechanically, I found my island-bound barbarian king and psychic detective easiest to get abilities for which suited them both thematically and mechanically, all others were difficult to get the two to match. Druids are mixed. Clerics and paladins are easy actually but they're quite... restricted I find? Durance is a great companion though, some of the best lines along with Aloth and Eder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version