Game Design and Project Resources: The Workshops Quarter > Non-game Programs - The Tinkers' Workshop

android app

<< < (3/3)

Glaurung:
Welcome to Exilian, Registered. I wasn't a member when this thread started, but I think it's a pretty good bet that if work ever did start on an app, it only got as far as someone's hard drive. If you want to have a go now, I think we'd be interested, at least as an intellectual exercise. You might like to bear in mind that all the points from Jubal's post still apply. Also, I don't want to discourage you, but from my own experience I would say that the site runs quite adequately on a smartphone web browser, so I'm not sure that an app would have much take-up.

Mars:

--- Quote from: Jubal on June 26, 2011, 06:43:10 PM ---The essential question is what we want the app to do. The forums of the site run on Single Machines, as Marcus says, so that's a whole package which we haven't programmed ourselves and so might be hard to appify. There is a non-free app for SMF at the moment though:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=379720.0

Essentially if we made an Exilian app then its basis would need to be a free version of this, which we could then expand to allow browsing the front-end site as well.

--- End quote ---
It would have to be a plugin like Tapatalk (which is how it operates).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version