Art, Writing, and Learning: The Clerisy Quarter > History, Science, and Interesting Information - The Great Library

Juballica Historica: Abusing History and Geopolitics

(1/3) > >>

Jubal:
This is inspired by Randall Munroe's new site abusing physics.

Basically, ask any silly history/geopolitics question and I shall use my powers of analysis to solve it for you!

DO NOT:
- Ask sensible questions "What would have happened if Willy Brandt had not resigned" is a sensible matter of historical debate. It does not belong here.
- Ask questions on fantasy worlds which aren't famous without giving detail. I may not have read your personal favourite series of books.

(NB: Star Wars, LOTR, Inheritance Cycle, Earthsea, Memory/Sorrow/Thorn are all always fair game as I know them well enough as is anything I've written.)

Example questions:
- If the Ring had not been found, could the allies have won in LOTR using conventional warfare?
- If Hitler's commander on the eastern front had been Julius Caesar, would he have won at Stalingrad?
- How many legionaries could a Jedi kill?
- How successful would Mad Jack Churchill have been had he gone into politics?

I shall attempt to answer one question, in full, every tuesday. Gogogo!  :)

Othko97:
 Would the Spartans have won the Battle Of Thermopylae with the addition of Chuck Norris in their 300?

I also think that what-if physics is one of the best things I've seen in a while.  :P

Jubal:
Awesome, will do that one tomorrow.  :)

comrade_general:
I know what's going to happen.

Jubal:
Oh, aye?  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version