Game Design and Project Resources: The Workshops Quarter > Total War Mods - The Engineer's Shed

ahowl11’s Vanilla Enhancement Mod

(1/14) > >>

ahowl11:
Hello! I bring to you the first version of my mod that will enhance the vanilla experience!
 My goals for this mod are:
 1) Keep vanilla look and feel intact
 2) Keep Vanilla factions, but enhance them and fix historical inaccuracies
 3) Make a better, well rounded game
 4) Add immersion without killing original feel.

Spoiler (click to show/hide) The main things added in this version are:
 Spoiler (click to show/hide)An extended east map, so that Parthia, Seleucid and Scythia can have a better starting position.
  The Bugfixer mod by player1, located here
 All Factions mod by Hader, located here
 Elements from Darthmod such as formations and unit stats
 New Animations by Signifierone, Prometheus and Alin
 Formatted to work on the Alexander expansion to incorporate all of it's features
 Many small fixes found in the credit list!

Installation
 To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory,  or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when  making a shortcut, include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW
 v1.0 Features and Credits
 -Vanilla map extended east to incorporate Parthia and Persia. Better starting positions for Parthia and the Seleucids. Also two regions, one in Caledonia (Scotland), and the other in eastern Arabia are included.
 --10 Regions Added in Total, complete with resources, and mercenary pools.
 -Darthmod Unit Stats and Sizes
 -Darthmod formations
 -Got rid of Wardogs, Incendiary Pigs, Screeching Women and Arcani
 -Added officers and standard bearers to all eligible units, including cavalry. Complete with new animations.
 - Fixed Grain Bug
 -Added Bug Fixer mod by player1
 -Added All Factions mod by Hader
 -Added the following fixes to units from Medusa0
 --Cilician Pirate throws Harpoon
 --Town Watch Shield Bug fixed
 -- Julii Hastati & Principes have Shoulder Pads like other Roman families
 -Added new animations made by Signifierone, Prometheus and Alin
 --Roman Infantry fight properly
 --Phalangites use two hands
 --Hoplites fight overhand and use different formation
 --Cavalry have different poses depending on their weapon
 --Archers and horse archers use bows correctly
 --Javelinmen fire at a faster rate
 -Fixed Rebel Strat Banners so they reflect the correct culture
 -Made mod compatible with Alexander.

Thank you for helping me:
 -Suppanut
 -Robbe
 -Lanjane
 -comrade_general
 -uanime5
 -countberengar
 -saul_tyre
 -texoman
 -mausolos
 Spoiler (click to show/hide) Tired of playing vanilla with Bronze Age Egyptians? Well, the problem has been solved!
 In this edition of my enhancement mod, I focused almost exclusively on remaking Egypt into the Ptolemaic Empire. It is a must when you are trying to enhance the vanilla game, and quite frankly I'd like this to be pretty historical, not a blend of fantasy and history, or a time-warp.
 Spoiler (click to show/hide)
 The Ptolemaic Phalanx awaits orders
 With this version, you will receive the following:
 -ReallyBad AI script for battles (this is largely untested, but it has popular demand in the community, because apparently it does a good job of making battles harder. I'll be testing myself, but please give feedback on it!)
*To activate the script, when the campaign starts, select a settlement, then click on the advisor. Then check your treasury to make sure that 1 denarius has been added to your treasury. If you exit out to start/load another campaign, before you do, click the '?' button in the menu and it will terminate the script. Otherwise you'll need to restart the game!* - Egypt completely overhauled to Ptolemaic Empire. From the units, to the culture, names, sounds, and icons, there is nothing 'Egyptian' about this faction other than the location it starts in.

Ptolemaic Egypt with new General/Captain designs
 - 3 New Settlements: Hippo Regius, Aleria, and Iconium. The first two are for Carthage and the latter is for the Seleucids.
 - New Greek Officer for all Greek factions, including the Rebels.
 - Rebels now have a Greek Standard Bearer
 - Militia Hoplites now have shirts!
 - Historical Battle of Raphia updated to accommodate Ptolemies

THE NEW PTOLEMAIC EMPIRE FACTION ROSTER & RECRUITMENT
 Spoiler (click to show/hide)Example: Vanilla Unit - New Unit
 BARRACKS
 Tier 1: Nubian Spearmen - Militia Hoplites
 Tier 2: Nile Spearmen - Levy Pikemen
 Tier 3: Desert Axemen - Phalanx Pikemen
 Tier 4: Pharaoh's Guards - Royal Pikemen
 RANGE
 Tier 1: Slingers & Skirmishers - Peltasts
 Tier 2: Bowmen - Archers
 Tier 3: Pharaoh's Bowmen & Onagers - Onagers
 Tier 4: Heavy Onagers - Heavy Onagers
 STABLES
 Tier 1: Desert Cavalry - Militia Cavalry
 Tier 2: Nubian Cavalry - Greek Cavalry
 Tier 3: Nile Cavalry & Camel Archers - Companion Cavalry & War Elephants
 SMITH
 Tier 1: Egyptian Chariots - N/A
 Tier 2: Egyptian Chariot Archers - N/A
 PORT
 Tier 1: Bireme - Bireme
 Tier 2: Trireme - Trireme
 Tier 3: N/A - Quinquereme
 GENERAL
 Pre-Marian: Egyptian Chariots - Greek Cavalry
 Post-Marian: Nile Cavalry - Macedonian Cavalry
 OTHER
 Tier 1-6 Peasants (Egyptian) - Peasants (Greek)

The new Ptolemaic Unit Roster (excluding Peasants, who are campaign only)
 CREDITS
 My main source for unit textures and unit cards was from the mod 'The Hellenic States' or 'THS' made by comrade_general. Other units were redone by my good friend Lanjane. The officer, is from a Russian mod, Barbarians Revenge, they have done an amazing job with their units.
 The 3 new cities were taken from the Vanilla Balance Mod, made by Barbarossa82 on totalwar.org
 The ReallyBadAI Script was made by Germanicu5 and it was intended for M2TW. Again, this is experimental, I am not sure how it will work with RTW.
 I want to thank uanime5 for everything he does to help, Lanjane for his amazing art skills, suppanut for his mapping genius, comrade_general for all things re-coloring, and my friends on slack who give feedback, advice and ideas.
 Download

To Install:
 One thing that I need to be clear on, is this mod runs on the Alexander.exe not the regular Rome Total War exe. Please make sure you use an Alexander Install.
 If you have the last version of the mod, simply extract into the same location and overwrite your files. Make sure to delete the map.rwm file in HRTW/data/world/maps/base folder.
 If this is your first crack at my mod then follow these instructions:
 To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory,  or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when  making a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch  options and include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW

Features listed in the forum or the latest article, once approved!

Enjoy!

Spoiler (click to show/hide) The Gauls were always a pushover in  vanilla. They had hordes of shirtless warriors who'd rout as instantly  as they'd charge. Those units  still remain. However, vanilla never  really gave them any support.  Historically the Gauls had a  sophisticated society and civilization,  based off status and nobility.  In this version of my mod, I wanted to  give more immersion to the Gauls  and their military, as well as upgrade  their building tree for the  late game. Lanjane was crucial  to their development, I was  just the one adding files in, so please give  credit to them, for the  best Gallic representation that a vanilla mod  can offer!

The New Look Gauls Await the Germanic Horde

Here are the list of features in v3:

- Barbarian UI from BI added to barbarian culture
 - New Strat Map Captain for Gauls
 - New Barbarian Officer and Carnyx Musician attached to Barbarian Units
 - BI buildings added to campaign and battle map. Only Gaul has access to all of the buildings though.

New UI, Captain and Buildings

- Gallic Roster completely overhauled

- Battle AI script activated on battles (including custom battles!) instead of campaign. It actually works now, check it out!
 *TO ACTIVATE BATTLE SCRIPT, CLICK THE BATTLE ADVISOR ONCE THE BATTLE BEGINS
 - Druids available at all lvl3 Temples for Gauls
 - Naked Fanatics changed to Gaesatae and now available only to Gaul as a mercenary unit. No other factions can hire them.
 - Around 14 new units for the Gauls total.

New Gallic Roster

I know the features list is sort of small, but the Gallic Roster is a lot larger and more complex, and it took a lot of time to make it.

Here is a look at the Gallic Roster in Detail:
 Spoiler (click to show/hide)GOVERNMENT

Tier1 - Warband & Gallic Levies

BARRACKS

Tier1 - Spear Warband & Sword Warband
 Tier2 - Spearmen & Swordsmen

Tier3 - Veteran Spearmen & Veteran Swordsmen
 Tier4 - Chosen Spearmen & Chosen Swordsmen
 Tier5 - Gallic Champions

RANGE

Tier2 - Slingers & Skirmisher Warband
 Tier3 - Archer Warband
 Tier4 - Forester Warband & Ballistas
 Tier5 - Onagers
 STABLES
 Tier2 - Gallic Light Cavalry
 Tier3 - Gallic Cavalry
 Tier4 - Gallic Heavy Cavalry

Tier5 - Gallic Noble Cavalry

Again, the main credits go to Lanjane for helping me  create the roster on paper and then edit/make all the units and  graphics. Other credits go to: Macedon Expansion, Barbarians Revenge,  Rise of Empire, Extended Greek Mod and Extended Cultures Mod.

Download

For more visuals, check out the screenshots area on my moddb page!

To Install:
 One thing that I need to be clear on, is this mod runs on the Alexander.exe not the regular Rome Total War exe. Please make sure you use an Alexander Install.
 If you have the last version of the mod, simply extract into the same location and overwrite your files. Make sure to delete the map.rwm file in HRTW/data/world/maps/base folder.
 If this is your first crack at my mod then follow these instructions:
 To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory,  or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when making  a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch options and  include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW

Features listed in the forum or the latest article, once approved!

comrade_general:
Looks great man, nice work!

Jubal:
Neat :) Are you keeping the vanilla three-family system for the Romans intact on this one?

korsakoff:
Good stuff on a first release. HRTW still lives!!  ;D

ahowl11:
@jubal I initially wanted to yes.. but my original plan back in 2011 was to have one Roman faction which was a combination of all families so they’d still be a powerhouse, and then turn the Brutii into Nabataea, Scipii into Illyria and Senate into the Bosporan Kingdom. That original plan is starting to sound really good again haha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version