Site Questions & Governance: The Citadel Quarter > Questions and Suggestions - The High Court

How To Donate to Exilian

<< < (2/2)

Glaurung:
Liberapay is now fully tested: we've been able to withdraw money from it, at a reasonable exchange rate (converting euros to pounds sterling) and without conversion charges. I've updated the opening post accordingly.

Glaurung:
Update time again: Liberapay is working again, now using PayPal and Stripe. I've linked our Liberapay account to our PayPal account, so we should now be able to accept donations by both methods, and I've updated the opening post accordingly. I'm hoping to get a Stripe account functional soon, but this depends on finding a human being at Stripe who understands what the legal framework for UK unincorporated associations is, and particularly the fact that we don't have a company registration number or a tax identity.

dubsartur:
I hope they can find an alternative.  Payment processors are behind a lot of dark and ugly things in publishing and the Internet.  I agree that currently, Liberapay don't seem to offer much over a monthly Paypal or Stripe payment, but some people are boycotting Patreon for reasons so I have one just in case.

The thing with Stripe sounds frustrating, I hear that sales tax can be a pain for online stores.

Glaurung:
Update time.

1. Stripe
We now have a working Stripe account, and in fact have had for over a year - apologies for not publicising it earlier. It's linked to our Liberapay account as well.

2. Bank account
Our bank, HSBC, have decided to start charging us (and many other small organisations) £5 per month to keep our account open. Given our usual donation rates, I think this is unaffordable, and I see no reason to seek more donations just to pay off a multi-billion-worth multinational corporation. Consequently I am looking to switch banks ASAP, and have deleted the bank details in the OP pending getting the new account up and running properly.

Glaurung:
Update time again.

Bank account
The new account has been opened, so I've added the details in the OP.

Other changes
I've added an entry for our Stripe account, and done various other minor edits to bring the content up to date.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version