Author Topic: Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released  (Read 9026 times)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:26:48 PM »

This mod adds the Etruscans to the vanilla campaign game. It also merges the Romans into one faction and makes some other small changes as well.

So without further ado, the mod:

The Etruscans

The Etruscans were once the dominant faction on Italy, but since the Romans grew to power the Etruscans were absorbed into the empire, and Loyalists fled to nearby Corsica.

Now it is time for the Etruscan peoples to fight back. Etruria is already under Etruscan control and with the Romans reeling from the recent blow, the Etruscans are already looking south to Rome...

The Etruscan territories:

Etruscan Noble Cavalry:

More screenies:

With the promise that the tyrannical rule of Rome would be overthrown, the Gauls have sent many of their best cavalrymen to aid the Etruscans in their plight. With the recapture of Etruria, the Gauls have also sent some of their best hunters, in an effort to aid the Etruscan war machine...

While far away from Gaul, in the Greek province of Laconia, the world's best warriors board ship, and set sail for the island of Corsica. With an Etruscan/Greek alliance firmly in place, and the Gauls merrily supporting their cause, all looks set for the Etruscans to take back what is rightfully theirs...

Thanks to:
SubRosa, for her continued support and assistance during the making of this mod.
SrJamesTyrrel, for his gift unit and help.
EoJ, for his support and generally being a nice guy.
misplacedgeneral, or misplacedpope, for historical information on the Etruscans.
PrivateClark, for his contributions and help on various units and UI cards.
King Louise Assurbanipal, for his amazing unit skins for Greek, Roman and Gallic units.
The Modding Legions team, for letting me use their amazing Roman skins.
Arkrai, for his Unified Rome mod which formed the base of this mod.
TotalWarFanatic for his Spartan Hoplite skin.
And anyone else I've forgotten.

Download here:
http://files.filefront.com/etruscansrar/;1...;/fileinfo.html
You will need winrar to open it. www.winrar.com

Post bug reports here.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:35:18 AM »
Very nice! Might i suggest a provincial campaign much like the prologue with Etruria trying to take back Rome and some of greece? They are in corsica ATM no? It probably wouldnt be that hard cause you could use the map from the prologue with many more regions, i could give it a go perhaps, though ive never done map work before.