Author Topic: BAD News  (Read 4687 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BAD News
« on: September 01, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »
Well, if any of you were wondering why there has been a lack of activity it is because I have been dealing with issues at TWC. On the thread at TWC I was accused of stealing HRTW's ideas and making a 'copy' mod. Also I was highly scrutinized about my poor leadership skills back when I headed HRTW. I owned up to my mistakes regarding leadership and what not but I disagree on the stealing ideas part.
However I humbly and regretfully requested that the thread be closed as I said I would not pursue the mod any longer.

I am upset because the current status of the mod looks great, all that needs to be done is the finishing of faction rosters, implementing the AOR system and some other minor things. Yes some of the ideas are similar to HRTW but they were MY ideas in the first place when I started HRTW, so how would I be stealing other people's ideas when they were mine?

My question to you all is this: Is it worth continuing the mod here on exilian only? I do not want to get in any trouble so if you think its best to drop it, I will. However if I drop the mod publicly I will still work on it privately as I know it will be fun, and I will be willing to share with whomever would like to play it.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

Re: BAD News
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »
how would I be stealing other people's ideas when they were mine?
Exactly! Whoever was saying you stole the ideas is indeed mental.
Is it worth continuing the mod here on exilian only? I do not want to get in any trouble so if you think its best to drop it, I will.
I see no reason why you should drop it, nor any reason why you'd get in trouble. But it's totally up to you if you want to continue working on it. I know I speak for all of us here when I say that we will continue supporting you.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 01:03:51 AM »
Agreed with CG.

I was accused of the same way back when I was the leader of Lights of the Warp for DoW. When the team split, I took many of the ideas and implemented them in a private mod. A bit later I cleaned up my private mod and released it, only for people to claim I stole ideas which were mine to begin with.

Ahowl, don't give in to the pressure. If you wish to continue on Extended Rome, please do so and know that you have the support of Exilian behind you. ;)

Good luck,
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 05:53:25 PM »
Thank you very much! Any of you care to read the thread, to see exactly what happened?
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536962&page=15

the discussion began on post #285
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 12:20:53 AM »
No charges have been brought and as far as I can tell no infractions against the laws of Exilian have been made. I therefore have no problem whatsoever with you continuing your work here. It's never nice seeing teams split acrimoniously and there's usually some varying levels of fault on all sides, but I think after a split has happened people should ideally accept that they're going to work separately from then on rather than pursuing things; the modding community is never strengthened by grudges.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 02:39:02 AM »
Thank you Jubal for allowing me to continue

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »
Frigging hell! I feel like punching ElvenKind square in the face! How dare he put you down and call you names! I've got to agree with Asgaroth though. I think you should go back to HRTW as a modder, if they want you to, and continue work there. By the sound of it they continued without you.

P.S. It's actually spelled AWOL, it's abbreviation for Away Without Leave.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:31:49 PM by The Khan »
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 03:15:57 AM »
I actually did join them for a brief moment, but a few days ago I wrote out a very detailed letter to Asgaroth in the hopes that I can re-open my mod at TWC. He didn't buy it and he doesn't want to be friends, so what can I say? Sometimes life just sucks. Luckily I have you guys here to support me and host the mod.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:46:32 AM »
OK, just make it here and release it here. Hopefully no one from TWC comes over here and sees it.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.