Author Topic: Bretonnia Wishlist  (Read 3636 times)

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bretonnia Wishlist
« on: July 12, 2011, 04:24:00 AM »
Hi guys, I'm back.

Now the Brets are most likely the next book to come out. So what are people looking forward to? What would people like to see?

Come on, let's get some activity in here.

Myself I'd like to see:
Peasants with a human statline
Cheaper Questing Knights
A huge overhaul for the Grail Knights
The loss of the Battle Pilgrims (They piss me off)
The loss of 0-1 restriction on Pegasus Knights

Cheers guys,
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bretonnia Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »
I don't know how I missed this...

I've never played against Bretonnia, but I like their medieval setting...

Peasants with a human statline?
I'm not sure. Is there any difference between peasants and men at arms in the armybook, or are they the same thing?
Peasants are supposed to have no skill with weapons whatsoever and WS 2 portrays that well. On the other hand, men at arms were professional soldiers during the middle ages and should have decent weapon proficiency.
It's just like the Empire. I still don't understand why Empire's professional soldiers have WS 3. Swordsmen used to have WS 4 and I4, but they got nerfed and more expensive. And swordsmen are supposed to be the best and the most talented of all standard state troops. I'm fine with spearmen and halberdiers being WS 3.

Don't know anything besides fluff behind Questing and grail knights, so I have no comments.
Though I'd like to see multi-part plastic models for those guys. (afaik they were announced)
Current questing knights look fine, but grail knights look kind of dull.

Battle pilgrims?
Looks like your wish will be granted. They will be thrown out in the upcoming book, according to Warseer.
But that saddens me. They're a fun, crazy and colorful bunch. They remind me of Empire Flagellants. The models are great!
Even though their rules suck (from what I've heard).
Improving their rules and point cost would be a better option if you ask me.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:57:23 PM by Silver Wolf »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »
Ah well I'd never use Flagellants myself, mainly because they are so much better than the State Troops. In my opinion a rabble should not be a vastly better option than a disciplined unit.

And Battle Pilgrim piss me off precisely because they're like Flagellants. They're Bretonnia's version, and I really think that Bretonnia should go in its own direction instead of just taking Imperial concepts and changing them slightly.

As far as peasants and Men at Arms go, the peasants I'm happy having at WS2, it's the Ld5 that I'm annoyed by. But the Men at Arms should have a State Trooper statline. The WS2 and LD6 (If I recall correctly) is just no good for a unit which is supposed to be at least moderately trained.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »
I always use state troops as a starting point for any core infantry comparison. Even for some special choices.
Now the weird thing is that state trooper lives a life of a professional soldier who spends most of his days in training and to be honest, has an ability to survive a battle against some horrible monsters. And there's a lot of monsters lurking around. And his WS is just 3.

But I fully agree with you on the point of leadership. Peasants should be at LD6.
WS3 Men at Arms would be a much better choice.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 06:27:44 PM »
I don't think it's ever implied that men at arms are as well trained as state troops; I wasn't under the impression they were full-time professional troops in the same way at least, and certainly as less core forces are less well equipped.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »
True.

I'm not too familiar with some of Bretonnian units, so don't take my word too seriously.
I'm just throwing in some ideas.