Author Topic: Impossible  (Read 2002 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Impossible
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:30:07 PM »
I've been having a look at this site/app recently:

http://www.impossible.com/

Basically it works by people posting "wishes" that others can commit to working on or helping with. The aim ultimately is for it to help with social economics; in other words, people gaining by doing things for each other for free. It's a really neat concept and is backed by Jimmy Wales (of Wikipedia fame) and Lily Cole (actress & model, also got a double first or something similarly brilliant from my own dear Uni).

There are some issues - mostly people not understanding the concept and being like "give me an xbox lol", or at the other end being more on the lines of "I wish for smiles and love and rainbows". That said I think it has a lot of potential, though to be really effective the network probably needs a higher density of people. It seems to be most effective around London, for probably obvious reasons as that's where they're based.

I also just wished that more people would find this place, so we'll see how that goes.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Re: Impossible
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:37:37 PM »
Lily Cole was the Siren in the Doctor Who episode "The Curst of the Black Spot". Thank you.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:58:31 PM »
That one, yeah. :)

Also if anyone wants to get an account and re-wish my Exilian wish, please go for it.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Scarlet

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 06:14:34 PM »
I remember that debate, it was ridiculous. :P Quite a good idea though..?
like a bruise that would never go away, but she would cherish it for ever.

gellthîr i melethron nîn

nínim in menil

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »
Been carrying on using it, I think it has some recruitment potential.  :P