Author Topic: A question.  (Read 2564 times)

Mauled

• View Profile
    • Awards
A question.
« on: March 29, 2013, 11:41:44 PM »
Hello there, just downloaded this mod today and followed the instructions in the Readme. Now when I load up the game everything seems fine but when I get into the game itself as the Skaven I noticed a few odd things. (I apologise if the following has already been mentioned elsewhere but I couldn't find such a topic.)

One of the first things I noticed was when I got into my first little battle, my Skaven clanrats and slaves were completely naked (the slaves without any weapon, the Clanrats had a giant pike that they didn't seem to want to use properly against the enemy), they also seemed to not have the correct texture. They were a browny colour with no ears and a rather messed up tail.

The other odd things were some structures which I believe were in the vanilla Rome game and the unit card thingy for the naval units was the peasant one.

Finally I couldn't seem to get access to any range units? The only units I could train were Slaves, Clanrats, Stormvermin (which were the only units to have what appeared to be armour on but still had the odd body texture and tail), Rat Ogres (who also had the odd texture and no weapon), the two types of ship and the spies/assassins and diplomats.

Again I apologise if this has been covered before but I thought I'd mention it, does the Skaven faction not have the range units yet or is my game derping up on me?

Help/advice would be much appreciated. :)

Edit: I'm using the Gold Edition of Rome: Total War.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:43:31 PM by Mauled »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A question.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:54:17 PM »
Your game is not derping up, the nice looking new Skaven won't be appearing until we release the A Call To Arms expansion (which should hopefully be soon). For the old version we did only have the one skaven model so we just had to make do with pikes and reskins/rescales; since then delruss has made us a whole new skaven unit roster so the new version will have jezzails, warpfire throwers, plague monks, gutter & night runners, and a bunch of other stuff too.  :)

If you want to speed us up, do take a look at the activity-starter thread (nobody else has yet!).  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Mauled

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 12:21:49 AM »
Oh goodie, that's good to know. I'll most certainly take a look at the thread. :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »
Awesome! Any other questions you want to ask do feel free to as well - and welcome to the  forum!

(Thinking about it, Skaven might be a good shout for the next preview...)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...