Aye
3 (60%)
Nay
1 (20%)
Abstain
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: March 23, 2013, 03:18:00 PM

Author Topic: MOTION: Breaking of Patronage bill PASSED 3-1-1  (Read 5745 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MOTION: Breaking of Patronage bill PASSED 3-1-1
« on: March 16, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
Dimos has indicated that he doesn't want to have his being patronised on record, so this bill is to allow any member, if they so choose, to voluntarily break off their patronage bonds and stand as a non-patronised member. This bill will ensure that anyone who wishes to have a family is able to do so, but that nobody is compelled to do so.

This house moves the following;
- That any citizen who wishes may break their bond of patronage and be recorded as having no patron.
- Where such a member has patronees, they may either:
------> A ) keep them, in which case they shall be recorded as a separate house
------> B ) they may break those bonds as well. In this case the citizen's own record will be moved into the category of patronless citizens, and their patronees will be recorded as "indirect patronee" of the patron of the citizen concerned.
- That any citizen wishing to do this need only contact an appropriate administrator, tribune, or other member of staff. It is this member of staff's job to inform anybody affected (patron or patronee) by the changes.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: MOTION: Breaking of Patronage bill
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 01:00:32 AM »
Why can't I vote?

I believe the citizen request thread and your law-proposition there should be put into direct vote, as a whole.

And what you propose here is not the breaking of patronage, it's the freedom to choose between being a member of an exilian family or not.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:02:12 AM by Dimos »
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 01:14:43 AM »
...can you not vote? You should be able to vote. Can you just see the results, or?

And yes, call it what you like, it's what the bill does that's important.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 01:40:54 AM »
I can only see the results...

Should I post your other motion as a whole seperately? For all I wanted to forward was the ability for members to request citizenship themselves and thus boost our forum's activity.

We also need to change the laws so as innactive members will be deleted from citizens, so as we'll have it clear that the citizens is the active part of the exilian society... For example, is it good if somebody hadn't posted for 2 years he could be at-the-admin's right removed from the body of citizens? Of course an e-mail and a pm will be sent to him before he will be deleted, as a notification.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:38:16 AM »
I'll do some tests & checks later with Talos and see if there's a systemic problem.

I'll post my other motion in a few minutes.

As to the last point, I agree to some extent, but I think I'd rather do it so citizens can as a body remove people for inactivity - not just leaving it up to the admins. I'll write a bill sometime soon, it's not the most urgent issue though.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
PASSED 3-1-1

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: MOTION: Breaking of Patronage bill PASSED 3-1-1
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 03:26:59 AM »
Note: I couldn't vote!

It would have been 4-1-1