Author Topic: Previous Versions  (Read 9580 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Previous Versions
« on: June 03, 2013, 05:03:19 AM »
Here are the previous versions of Mundus Magnus since I have started modding it. If anyone wants the original mod, go to twcenter.net, go to downloads and type in Mundus Magnus. My 5.0 version is the original Mundus Magnus, but it has a few edits and tweaks. 6.0 has a lot of new stuff but it is the same as vanilla as far as gameplay, and it is the most up to date and stable version of Mundus Magnus. Enjoy!

Versions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had a 5.5 version but is very buggy and unstable, so I will only post 6.0. 6.0 has everything from 5.5 except the things that made it buggy.

Credits:
ngr for his Mundus Magnus Map
Alejandro Magno for his geographical modding for version 4.0
player1 for his Bug Fixer v3.36 for RTW/BI 1.5/1.6
comrade_general for his recoloring skills and his mod 'The Hellenic States' that I pulled some UI's and textures from
RedFox for the new Wooden Walls from 'Diadochi: Total War'
DimeBagHo for some of his textures and UI's from his 'Extended Greek Mod'
The 'Macedon Expansion' team for some textures and UI's
Resef for his Combined Animations Pack
Rarity for some modelling fixes on some units
The Rise of Empire mod for some textures and UI's
Maraxus for some UI's

If I leave anyone out who offered their services or works please let me know and I will add you!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:36:45 AM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Previous Versions
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 04:46:20 PM »
Maybe rename the thread "Current and Previous" or it makes it look like this is some kind of archive.  :P

I'll take a look later, working on some essay reading atm.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Previous Versions
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »
Well, I have not started my 7.0 Gold thread yet :) that will be the current mod. Please give me your feedback once you have played! :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mundus Magnus Elite General Discussion
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »
Here is where discussion on all Mundus Magnus matters will happen. I will post a brief description of each version released here as well. This is where questions, ideas, thoughts, etc are posted.

1.0 - For now, this is going to be vanilla. The start date will be 270 BC, all vanilla units will be in place, Senate missions with 4 Roman factions, etc. Basically this first release will just allow you to explore the map and give us feedback so we can improve it for future versions. I have a good idea of what I want to do with this mod as a whole, but starting small and adding on is the best method for success. Big things come from small beginnings! So be sure to constantly check this thread for future patches and versions.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Map Previews
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:44:19 PM »
The Four Roman Factions in Italy

The many passes of the Alps

Don't get lost in the forests of Germania!

Some of the many Land Bridges you will come across on the map

The Mediterranean and Red seas connect, allowing valuable trade from Arabia and India, thanks to navigable rivers.

Will you be able to maintain order and keep the Seleucid Empire together?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Downloads
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »
DOWNLOAD
Mundus Magnus Elite 1.0http://depositfiles.com/files/3rbev2oom

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Download MM
- Extract MM to your RTW directory
- Create a Shortcut for RTW
- Go to properties and in the target line add this after all quotation marks: -show_err mod:MM
- Play!

Credits
- ngr for the original Mundus Magnus Map
- Alejandro Magno for the Mundus Magnus 4.0 version
- Philadelphos for Rome Total History 1.1 based off the Mundus Magnus Map
- player1 for the Bug Fixer v3.36

Mod History

- Mundus Magnus Elite v1.0 Released 7/29/13

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Features
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 07:50:15 PM »
    v1.0

Here is a combined list of all the features that I plan on implementing into MM, some are from previous versions.

- An upgraded map will be used, it's base is Mundus Magnus but thanks to the RTH version made by Philadelphos I believe that this is one of the most historically accurate maps available:[/li][/list]

-199 Accurately placed cities that are historically relevant to the vanilla RTW timeframe, no more settlements in the middle of the Sahara and Steppe regions that never actually existed.
    -The geography of rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, etc are a major upgrade from the original Mundus Magnus Map.
    -Factions accurately placed to resemble vanilla and 270 BC to offer a balanced and historical game play experience.
    -The Nile now has a a canal connecting the Mediterranean and Red Seas, if playing as Egypt, it would be wise to exploit this! There are also other navigable rivers, can you find them?
    -Dozens upon Dozens of Land bridges present to help AI expand better.
    -Thanks to player1's bug fixer mod, many small bugs that CA never fixed, now are. Here is a list: [/li][/list]
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:52:37 PM by ahowl11 »

comrade_general

Re: Downloads
    « Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »
    Great! I'll give it a go this evening. :)

comrade_general

Re: Map Previews
    « Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 08:21:55 PM »
    Looks like you can walk almost anywhere. Bring it on ai! ;)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    Re: Map Previews
    « Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 08:25:54 PM »
    Yes! The test runs I have had are very fun :)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 08:26:27 PM »
    Post feedback after, I need some ha

comrade_general

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 10:00:26 PM »
    Sorry it took so long. :P

Overall it looks pretty nice! Noticed some of the rivers need touching up, for instance in India they look like they are on top of what might be a navigable river? Also wasn't there supposed to be a canal from the Red Sea or did I imagine reading that? There was also something weird going on with the Libya/Aegyptus Superior regions, like a merging or something. Coastlines could use a touching up.

But these are mostly just aesthetic things. It loaded and ran okay, I messed around with Armenia a bit and ran an ai campaign. It was nice to see how the factions expanded differently due to the land bridges. Carthage and Egypt don't have much to stop them on the far South of the map. Not much you can do about that though.... except cut off all the empty space down there. That's not such a bad idea I think. You really only need from about Memphis and up. But it's up to you. :)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 04:11:33 AM »
    I've noticed the same things.

Well play as Egypt and direct the ship to India and you'll see what I mean.

I plan on making a Terra Incognita region that would cut off all the big African regions.

As for below Egypt, I think I will Keep one Ethiopian region. Three is just too many, even though it is historical

Jubal

• Megadux
      Executive Officer
    • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    Re: Mundus Magnus Elite General Discussion
    « Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 01:32:41 PM »
    Any news?  :)
    The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    Re: Mundus Magnus Elite General Discussion
    « Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 04:11:48 PM »
    Hopefully a release by the weekend :)