Art, Writing, and Learning: The Clerisy Quarter > Writing, Poems, AARs, and Stories - The Storyteller's Hall

The Inkilians Thread

(1/3) > >>

Lady Grey:
So named for the literary discussion group to which J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis belonged (minus the specifically Christian part :P )

I thought it'd be nice to have a thread for the authors/writers/poets/songwriters of Exilian to post and share ideas and inspiration, if they wanted to, and for anyone to read and comment on those ideas. :)

Anything, whether plot ideas, snippets of writing, or whole chapters are welcome, if people want to share them and would like opinions! :) (Though the whole chapters would probably like their own thread :P )

Jubal:
Can we be the Inkilians instead?  :P

Well, I'm currently working on a short story which came to mind when I was talking to someone who writes for a student newspaper - it's a very short piece of science fiction, of the slightly creepy subverting-expectations variety.

I'm writing quite a bit more than I have done for a while at the moment. :)

Lady Grey:
I like Inkilians :D

Ooh, sounds interesting :) Will we be seeing some of it when it's done? :P

I'm currently trying to piece together a post-apocalyptic Steampunk- esque story, for which the ideas popped into my head while I was washing my hair (as they do). It's working out where it's going though xD

Othko97:
I have this idea for a cool steampunky world thing with no actual plot or anything, but then the World Building Class stopped, so I started waiting for the next one :P

Edit: Just out of curiosity, what was the original name of this thread?

Jubal:
This was originally the Inklings thread, now the Inkilians thread :P

I will get back to the class eventually. I am a bad teacher. :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version