Author Topic: Treachery, Discord, and Chaos  (Read 3343 times)

CaptainNips

• View Profile
    • Awards
Treachery, Discord, and Chaos
« on: November 16, 2014, 01:24:22 PM »
Treachery, Discord, and Chaos is a series of three books (or novellas) I am co-writing alongside a friend.

Set in a fantasy world full of lore and intrigue, much of the tale takes place in Tarmulin, the largest continent in the known world. Tarmulin is a land that has always been ripe with trouble. Divided by several kingdoms vying for dominance with old ties and grudges dating back hundreds of years, war is inevitable, and a constant itch on border tensions. To add more to the toil, many have turned their backs from the old Hermanic Gods, claiming allegiance to Saint "Elim", and to the Ubner who rules from his high seat in Grannot. Some even say talk of rebellion is astray in the Kingdom of Ethre... the land where the story of our hero, Lord Cereminner, begins.

Betrayed, framed, and left for dead, Lord Cereminner must free a king, revive a nation, gain new allies, and perhaps even save Tarmulin itself in order to stop the spreading flames of war. Treachery, Discord, Chaos.

You can read all the novellas/books so far below. Treachery was completed last summer but is still always up for reviews and comments and criticism. A Tale of Discord is currently being written. For your reference, curiosity, and as guide as you delve into our world, I will see about making the background and lore available to you. I will speak to my friend about that.... Oh, and just so you know. Neither of us have ever read Game of Thrones, but are great fans of LotR. Any similarities to GoT are purely coincidental, we are making this tale our own.

A Tale of Treachery
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_xOH-ZhuIgpbseZl-08D9_KKnLU-YlOIXNpHYz7Tw6w/edit?usp=sharing

"You must learn to live with your own conscience, your own morality, your own decision, your own self. You alone can do it. There is no authority but yourself." -- Yes Sir, I will, by Crass

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit at a typewriter and bleed." -- Ernest Hemingway.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Treachery, Discord, and Chaos
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 04:44:47 PM »
Will do my best to get round to reading this, might not be for a couple of weeks though as *ceases talking and starts flailing arms wildly at the terrifying pile of books and work in front of him*
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 07:46:18 PM »
I'll most likely get around to reading this soon. Plenty of empty days ahead of me. :)
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

CaptainNips

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 11:00:44 PM »
Sweet! Glad to get more readers for it. 
"You must learn to live with your own conscience, your own morality, your own decision, your own self. You alone can do it. There is no authority but yourself." -- Yes Sir, I will, by Crass

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit at a typewriter and bleed." -- Ernest Hemingway.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 10:28:06 AM »
Just a small thing I've noticed in the first few pages, wouldn't the archers have to have someone calling out the volleys? Unless they have the order to fire at will.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.