Author Topic: Help Lenin!  (Read 11592 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Help Lenin!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 04:45:54 PM »
I think so, since it removes the Senate faction I think it has to; I haven't tested it myself, but might be a good thing to take a look at/save a heck of a lot of time.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 03:51:57 AM »
Boom. Perfect for what you are wanting. Get's rid of the senate functions but keeps all Roman Factions Intact. I use it for all of my mods.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1340
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Lenin Cat

• Unit Pack Oberhaul- pending
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »
Ha! Good ol' jolly Neutralised Senate! Now, when I'll use it. How can I add my other factions?
You can not haz cheezeburger until all cats can haz cheezeburger.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 10:13:38 PM »
I think you just want to start by going to move the relevant stuff around in descr_strat and give the Julii however much of Italy you want to give them - then you can start modifying the other factions into what you want them to be, give them their new provinces, etc.

List of things that you'll need to look at, from memory:
  • Banners, this is fairly simple, this is just a .txt file and making/editing a couple of graphics files
  • New faction icons for your new factions, the biggest type is in the loading screen folder then there are two smaller types in menus (Start by making the big ones then shrink them or they go blurry)
  • UI files in the data/UI/Generic folder, two of these (can't remember which) have the faction icons in as well.
  • Obviously reskinned/new/edited units
  • Export_descr_buildings so you can build said units
  • expanded_bi.txt in the text folder, this contains all the faction names
  • descr_strat.txt to change who owns what on the map

My advice is to start on banners and units (and maybe expanded_bi), that means you can get some nice shots of new units etc done with pretty new banners and get people interested in the mod more :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Lenin Cat

• Unit Pack Oberhaul- pending
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 11:20:31 AM »
expanded_bi? This is a mod for RTW 1.5.
You can not haz cheezeburger until all cats can haz cheezeburger.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 11:26:19 AM »
I know, I didn't make up the silly names of the files; that's what it's called. By the time they released the 1.5 patch they had BI very much in the works, so I guess that's why. It's text file with all the faction names etc so fairly vital.