Author Topic: Bug reports and tech help  (Read 4448 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports and tech help
« on: March 21, 2014, 08:12:35 PM »
Please post here to report bugs or to request help with installing or using Battle for Antares IV  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bug reports and tech help
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 01:01:14 AM »
This is good fun. Though I've got a couple of things I need to bring up.

1. Minor graphical issue, I has a forest in my port at Arcadia! (see terrible paint work below!)

2. I had a battle up at the coastal city in the northwest (the names slipped my mind). My troops decided that instead of following orders they'd run around like headless chickens! I reloaded and it worked fine so it's not reproducable, but thought I'd mention it in case it's happening to others too or just the dark wizardry of my computer having a rebellion :balrog:

There's also a coupe of saves listed in the save menu, but loading the crashes to desktop so I guess they're some sort of ghost?  :ringwraith:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:06:12 PM by TTG4 »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:30:21 PM »
Those are probably saves of mine from old and now incompatible versions of this mod, I'd guess.

I'll check out that forest.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 09:29:50 PM »
I'll check out that forest.
Folk used to say that there was something in the water that made the trees grow tall... and come alive. Trees that could whisper. Talk to each other. Even move!

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:08:18 PM »
Quick query, are snakespine island and kakip island supposed to not have ports?

Also, when a settlement rebelled against the colonists (or the lizardmen), I saw that it reverted to Independent (the gladiator uprising). I guess this is because their default faction was the one it revolted against?

Also, I find that after a few hours of gameplay I get crashes to desktop when it loads battles or the campaign map after battles. I suspect this is my computer telling me to do something productive, but thought I'd mention it just in case!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:37:53 PM »
Ooh, forgot Gladiator Uprisings could happen. Fixed that (at least such that it's not the gladiators any more, you get space pirate freebooters instead in theory).

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »
Ooh, forgot Gladiator Uprisings could happen. Fixed that (at least such that it's not the gladiators any more, you get space pirate freebooters instead in theory).

Oooh me like!

I suspect this is the program being weird, but I try to move some troops out to deal with some annoying rebels, but I get as you see below and the game seems to get confused and sit in that position for a while. I've not seen it before so I don't know if it might be related?

And yes, I am procrastinating a LOT...