Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 3746 times)

Lucian

• View Profile
    • Beautiful Forums
    • Awards
Hi!
« on: January 02, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »
I just found the link to this forum on Impossible.com and I decided to join. I'm a member of many online forums and I administrate one myself. I am an aspiring artist, YouTuber, and wannabe writer from Eastern-Europe.

What's this community about? ???

See you around.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 10:08:01 PM »
Hi there! Welcome to Exilian - I hope your time here is long and enjoyable.

What is the community about? I'm not sure I'm the best person to say, as I've only been a member for 5 months, but I recently had to come up with a short description, and I put it like this: Exilian is an online democratic community for the development of games software and other creative projects. If you're doing something creative, please feel free to share it here. Also, as you've probably seen, we talk about things that we're interested in, and this covers a pretty broad spectrum. Please feel free to join the conversation.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 12:39:00 AM »
Yes - broadly speaking, I think there's sort of three key features of the site:

• Creativeness. We're a community that ultimately likes making stuff, rather than simply discussing stuff.
  • Democracy. Unlike almost all other web communities our citizens (a body of most of the more active members who've stuck around a while) get to vote on all major aspects of site policy and elect the staff. This gives everyone a stake and a say in how we do things.
  • Breadth. Even in the relatively small community we have built up so far, we cover a wide range of skill sets, interests, nationalities, ages, etc - and we like mixing things up. Exilian is a place where musicians, artists, game designers, writers, and the users of those various projects and products can all mix and come up with projects that can use or are even based on mixing up those ideas and skills.

So yes - welcome, as Glaurung says. Do take a poke around, comment and ask about anything you find there, and do share any of your own work with us as we're always keen to see new stuff :) There's plenty of staff around who'll be happy to help you with anything you need, just ask!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:46:32 AM »
There's also llamas, muffins in hell, exploding Portugals, and Pentys. Stay away from Pentys and you'll be fine. :P

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »
Hi, welcome :D

I'd say we're about a lot of everything :P

But I do cakes and music and stuff :P

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 11:19:47 PM »
Stay away from Pentys and you'll be fine.
I second this.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 12:08:01 AM »
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

SaidaiSloth

• King of the sloths
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 02:42:56 AM »

• Breadth. Even in the relatively small community we have built up so far, we cover a wide range of skill sets, interests, nationalities, ages, etc - and we like mixing things up. Exilian is a place where musicians, artists, game designers, writers, and the users of those various projects and products can all mix and come up with projects that can use or are even based on mixing up those ideas and skills.

Or just the people who sit around and sort've just try to make discussion.

ie. me
    ADORABLENESS WARNING
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)