Author Topic: New Trailer  (Read 6925 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Trailer
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »

Here it is! It looks fairly good so far - there seems to be a lot of speculation on the lack of Luke in the trailers.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Re: New Trailer
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 02:36:15 PM »
Ain't no portugaling JarJar armadillo for sure!!! Luke did the voice-over in the last trailer. I think they're keeping him behind scenes for now because he's supposed to be a legend. You do see him briefly put his hand on R2, looks like he's in hiding like Yo-yo-yoda.

Oh portugal, why did I have to start reading into it. *heavy breathing*
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:53:11 PM by comrade_general »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 02:55:46 PM »
Do not mention the J word! You might summon it! :O
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:00:30 PM »

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:09:27 PM »
It's out on my birthday. That's pretty cool. It also looks bitchin, but trailers can be misleading.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 03:35:49 PM »
It could still be really naff, sure. At least the trailer doesn't give away all the plot.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »
Even if it's crap at least there will be lots of pretty lights and stuff.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:09:23 PM by Pentagathus »

comrade_general

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 01:39:10 AM »
Can I just say "HOLY portugalING armadillo!!!"? I haven't even watched it again yet because it's just too much to take in. I don't think a movie trailer has ever impacted me so much. I mean, they've definitely impacted me before, and movies and shows in general can get my emotions rampaging like you wouldn't believe, but this... *pulse increases*

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 11:58:26 AM »
Holy Portugaling Armadillo indeed! It does look very very pretty :)

comrade_general

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 03:08:08 AM »
It could still be really naff, sure. At least the trailer doesn't give away all the plot.
I rewatched the trailers for eps 1 through 3 and they pretty much show the whole movie. They steadily get better (starting from total crap) but it's like George thought he had to show everything to get people interested. Whereas VII barely even hints at what the hell is going on and I'm just blown away like I have to see it NAOU!
No way it will be naff. Not even sure what naff is. A Britishism I take it. Is it similar to nerf? As in nerf herder? As in a scruffy looking one? Who's scruffy lookin'?!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »
Naff is... a bit rubbish. Not so bad it's funny or epically catastrophic, just dully meh.

I agree that the lack of hints as to the plot is very good news.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 02:15:29 PM »
I always thought naff was more like when you get retro wrong and it just looks uncool instead of hipsterarmadillo. It's definitely British though ;)

Btw in case anyone cares, there's a set of comics for each character coming out that say what each of them has been doing since VI. Also I think there's a book series I think which sort of does the events from mid V to just before VII but I can't remember where I heard that. I hate it when they do this, movie tie ins are great but when to get the whole story you have to go to another medium entirely I'm not jazzed about that. Even so, I'll probably read the comics but skip the novels.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

comrade_general

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 03:11:05 AM »
If I really want to know I'll just read the articles on Wookiepedia. Movie should explain it enough though.

comrade_general

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 11:18:47 PM »
So it seems George took legal action to get Star Wars back after he saw how everyone is going nuts about how good it looks. Then he made his usual changes...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 11:43:23 PM »
Makeitstopmakeitstop