Author Topic: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord  (Read 31530 times)

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 11:15:14 AM »
I think it was called Rus 13th century or something along those lines. It was a historical mod, think it was either 13th century or 12th
Edit:
Yep 13th century, here's a link to their subforum http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,161.0.html
It seems they have an alpha out for warband. Much excitement.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:19:06 AM by Pentagathus »

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2013, 02:04:06 PM »
Skull, what I mean is as the FOV is already restricted due to your view point being a single monitor, rather than your eyes, as it would be in RL, an additional viewpoint restriction would be unnecessary and prohibitive, except in the cases of bucket helms and similar, where your FOV is more restricted than it is by the monitor, and that could be done with depictions of eyeholes etc. I agree with the option of lifting the helmet, which works for helmets with visors, and I believe it was common practice for many soldiers with those helmets to have their visors up most of the time anyway, unless it was seriously hairy, just so they could see. Having a well protected head is pointless if you can't see the peasant with the spear poking into the chink in your armour.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is easier to criticize than to correct our past
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, 07:34:23 PM »
I think it was called Rus 13th century or something along those lines. It was a historical mod, think it was either 13th century or 12th
Edit:
Yep 13th century, here's a link to their subforum http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,161.0.html
It seems they have an alpha out for warband. Much excitement.
Thank you. I hope it will work...

Skull, what I mean is as the FOV is already restricted due to your view point being a single monitor, rather than your eyes, as it would be in RL, an additional viewpoint restriction would be unnecessary and prohibitive, except in the cases of bucket helms and similar, where your FOV is more restricted than it is by the monitor, and that could be done with depictions of eyeholes etc. I agree with the option of lifting the helmet, which works for helmets with visors, and I believe it was common practice for many soldiers with those helmets to have their visors up most of the time anyway, unless it was seriously hairy, just so they could see. Having a well protected head is pointless if you can't see the peasant with the spear poking into the chink in your armour.
Agreed. Also,when the player has his visor up,he can see the whole screen (almoust) as if he was not wearing a helmet at all,but his head armour will be a lot lower.
Also,I don't think a levy has any chances against a heavily armored Knight (he can just stab the poor peasant or cut the head of his spear) -unless the peasant is Flemish,of coarse. :P
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
Ok, the knight will have better training etc, but a peasant with a halberd could dismount a knight and kill him with enough vicious conviction. But my point still stands, if you can't see what you're doing, you're helpless, unless you happen to have jedi powers, which I don't think many knights had back then.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2013, 08:51:39 PM »
Ah but they can just smell where the dirty ole peasants are of course.

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is easier to criticize than to correct our past
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2013, 09:09:02 PM »
Ok, the knight will have better training etc, but a peasant with a halberd could dismount a knight and kill him with enough vicious conviction. But my point still stands, if you can't see what you're doing, you're helpless, unless you happen to have jedi powers, which I don't think many knights had back then.
Not everyone had halberds. :)
Well,I was just thinking it would be a very nice feature...

Ah but they can just smell where the dirty ole peasants are of course.

Or hear them.
Also,I think that they could see what they needed - even when wearing great helms...
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2015, 09:47:46 PM »

Enjoy.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2015, 07:42:54 AM »
It looks great! ;D

But I have a feeling that it's going to make modding so much harder...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2015, 04:11:46 PM »
Yeah, I can't imagine this will be very moddable - on the other hand, it does look very very pretty indeed.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2015, 04:27:15 PM »
Well, I didn't mean it in that way.

They said that they'll try to make it more mod-friendly, using what looks like Bethesda's construction set for Oblivion and Skyrim.

I just meant that it looks like making and rigging models is going to be a lot more complex, time consuming and harder.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2015, 04:38:28 PM »
Yeah, that was what I meant too.

But also some things like making custom settlements and buildings may presumably be harder, for example, depending on how the weather systems work.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2015, 07:13:09 PM »
That part actually looked pretty nice in the video they made, if I remember correctly.
They've made some sort of preset foliage brushes and editing scenes really looked like a lot of fun.

It would be nice if the weather system could be turned off.

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2015, 02:26:57 PM »

Enjoy.

Damn it! Beat me to it.

Still, new blog up on the forums, so new topic on that as well.

Enjoy :)
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ