Author Topic: Indie Game Reviewers Required For New Indie Game News and Review Website [HOBBY]  (Read 7107 times)

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Orange Bison Indie Game News & Reviews
    • Awards
*NOTE* All current review positions have now been filled. Check our other post as we still need writers for other sections of the website.

Orange Bison is an indie game news & review website launching mid June 2016.

THE OPPORTUNITY

I am currently looking for additional game reviewers to join our growing team. if you are passionate about games this may be the perfect opportunity for you. As a contributor for Orange Bison you will receive:

• Your own author page on OrangeBison.com
  • A link to your own website or blog
  • Your work will be contributed to you
  • Your own OrangeBison.com email address
  • Receive and keep game review copies where applicable

THE GUIDELINES

As a game reviewer there are a few simple rules. These are:

• A minimum of 800 words
  • Contain your own captured images via actual gameplay
  • Submit a minimum of 2 reviews a week
  • Work submitted must not be published elsewhere online or offline

This is a good opportunity if you need to build your contacts with those in the industry. Would suit students very well and even game developers too.

PM me if you are interested.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:13:10 PM by OrangeBison »
OrangeBison.com is an indie game news and review website. Built for my passion to help promote indie game developers and small studios.

ObsessiveScience

• View Profile
    • Awards
You will receive my application as soon as I am out of my pre-release crunch. I will give you a shout-out on my twitter when you launch.

Any interest in reviewing my game as one of your firsts? It's coming out at the same time as your site, being mid-June.

Good luck on your launch!

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thank you very much and good luck with your launch too. Absolutely would like to review your game. Where can I get my hands on a copy?  :D
OrangeBison.com is an indie game news and review website. Built for my passion to help promote indie game developers and small studios.

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
i would like to, even if for a short while since im a full time student; but i could review six or seven games for you and then resign from it if that suits you.

other wise im excited about your website and i hope it will be a success
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
Yes that's fine.  :) Just PM me for the details.

ObsessiveScience

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thank you very much and good luck with your launch too. Absolutely would like to review your game. Where can I get my hands on a copy?  :D

I'll add you to the list of people to receive a review copy. You will probably receive the DRM free from itch.io, since Greenlight has become quite the hassle.

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thats great.  ;D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I may occasionally be able to write articles, I'm quite erratic though on account of always juggling too much stuff... How purely will you be doing reviews, or will you be doing news and think-pieces as well?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
More than just reviews. It can be think pieces, news etc. As long as it all relates to the indie gaming community. Can even be coverage of new gaming computers etc.

I would love for you to be able to contribute, even if its sporadic.  :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Awesome :) Eight years at the helm/wheel/swabbing the decks here has probably given my some material to contribute! :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
I would imagine you have a few ideas lol!

ObsessiveScience

• View Profile
    • Awards
I might be a bit late, but I just want to let you know you got a PM from me with an application. Good luck on launch!

OrangeBison

• View Profile
    • Awards
Just reading a post on your site now. :)