Author Topic: Festivals & Holidays  (Read 2358 times)

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
Festivals & Holidays
« on: November 12, 2015, 01:10:06 PM »
Day later than planned due to a bout of illness, but heres this week's post. Inspired by recent holidays and events I've decided to cover those that happen in Darmonica.

http://www.utherwaldpress.com/2015/11/festivals-holidays.html

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Festivals & Holidays
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
Nice! I'm impressed that you keep going with it this regularly in the first place, I'd like to do more posts like this for Guns, Swords, and Steam but never seem to get time.

As a small bit of extra food for thought, I had the idea that given Aleyska is so cold fire festivals (especially in winter) could be important. In particular something like the various English tar barrel festivals (where people carry barrels of burning tar on their shoulders and run through the town, or roll burning tar barrels down a hill) would seem appropriate perhaps?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 06:02:18 PM »
I find its useful to develop ideas when I otherwise don't have as much time to work on the game as I should.

Yes, fire festivals would be a good idea as well as the tar barrel thing (I mean theres also cheese rolling).

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 11:51:50 PM »
Yes, though for some reason I imagine cheese as being less in supply than tar, though I may be wrong. Cheese rolling may be difficult in deep snow as well?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 06:23:00 PM »
Yes.

Though I feel a blogpost inspiration coming on...