Author Topic: Mini beta release  (Read 25524 times)

a few suggestions

Mini beta release
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »
I've noticed that enemies don't combine forces and it can be a bit tedious to go from one group of ten hillmen to the next when they are right next to one another. There is room there for some truly epic battles. I was also reading that you planned to beef up Zendar. I was wondering if you have read Glen Cooks Dread Empire series? In it there is an organization called the Mercenary Guild. They are small in number but are the best trained and equipped troops in their part of the world. Since Zendar is the mercenary place to be maybe something like that would be possible? Also, maybe have a system where you join a Zendar mercenary company and get rented out to various factions for a small amount of time. You could get pay, loot, and if you win, a bonus. You would only be a soldier in the army but it would be cool nontheless. Maybe a ranks system so you could go from soldier to sergeant, commanding twenty guys, to Captain commanding a company that gets merked out to general where you could negotiate contracts with kings etc... Just some thoughts.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mini beta release
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2009, 03:54:13 PM »
I was planning to add mercenary stuff sometime... the question is always when though.

As for bandit forces, I'm not going to add in one of those scripts which makes nearby bandits join your battles. There will be larger bandit armies that will be more of a challenge though. The hillmen are basically constantly at war with themselves as welll as everyone else, they're just general raiding marauderish types.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...