Author Topic: New New Version  (Read 6672 times)

comrade_general

New New Version
« on: March 29, 2018, 03:40:30 PM »
So a while back I made some upgrades to the mod. Have a go at it, if anyone even plays rtw anymore...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/valar-morghulis-total-war/downloads/valar-morghulis-total-war-new

This new version includes a more active script...

- Alliances are forced between the Starks, Tullys, and Arryns. It will be annoying when one of them tries to besiege you every turn but that's just a fault of rtw that I can't fix.

- Westeros factions are forced to be neutral to the Knight's Watch, with one exception; if the Boltons become hostile with the Starks then they will not necessarily remain neutral with the Watch.

- White Walkers can't make peace with anyone.

- Dany gets some dothraki boiz if her faction conquers their homeland.

- The White Walkers can be destroyed by capturing their original settlement, and you should get warnings about their expansion, but you'll get a nasty surprise if you venture there.

- You'll get a notification every time someone captures King's Landing.

Also I've removed the modified traits/ancillary bits from before and this seems to have fixed some of the ctd's. Yes I know there are lots of references to 'Romans' and other bits from vanilla rtw but it's just too much to take it all out.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New New Version
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:32:50 PM »
I played a WHTW campaign as Empire a few weeks ago, so I guess I still do :)

I'll have a go at this sometime, when I get the time for some gaming...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 03:53:27 PM »
Did a short play-through this morning as Stannis the Mannis. Well actually Davos did most of the work. "Davos Victor"

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 04:29:57 PM »
Interesting that you didn't wipe out the Tullys or Tyrells. Were you allied with the Arryns? And is that a Summer Isles province in Dorne I see?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 04:50:40 PM »
The short campaign requires a Renly/Lannister wipe out so I just blasted through the Tyrells enough to get to the Lanns. They had tried to take KL so they started it. The Arryns pretty much stay isolated due to the new diplomacy script. I didn't have any reason to bother them or the Tullys so I didn't.

Also yes, the Islanders and the other Essos folks took a while to get started but they finally did, and I was happy to see Dany going on a rampage.

The Walkers had just moved on the wall so with a short campaign they weren't an issue.

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 07:34:45 PM »
Decided to keep playing. Finished wiping out the Tyrells while the Islanders conquered Dorne, and I guess they wanted to complete their ownership of Dorne, because they took Kingsgrave before Stannis could get their to relieve it. Not very smart to poke the bear though because Stannis went on a tear through Dorne, absolutely crushing the Islanders.

Stannis then sent some of his nephews to take the actual Summer Islands and their outpost on Lys.

With the Islanders removed I could focus on the north. The Greyjoys tried to take The Twins a few times but to no avail, with Theon even dying in one of the assaults. The Tullys tried to mount an assault and retake Riverrun but they ran off before Davos the Great got there. Again poking the bear is not a good idea as Davos took out the Tullys without much trouble. Due to the forced alliance script, and the Arryn's obsession with trying to take Harrenhal, they were involved in Davos' assault of the city as allies of the Tullys thus becoming official enemies and summarily conquered.

Meanwhile in Essos, Dany was still going on a tear of her own, conquering Volantis and most of the east. She did have some trouble with revolting Dothraki. She finally came to blows with Pentos, while Braavos took advantage of the situation and conquered Pentos themselves and half of the western cities in Essos.

They Greyjoys were pressing The Twins with some serious stacks, but they were beaten back, and the time came to take them out. The great Davos and several other family members quickly took the Greyjoy's mainland territories and came face to face with the Walkers just as they were finishing up the Boltons and Starks, who had held Winterfell all this time. Stannis had set sail from Dorne to take out Pyke and end the Greyjoys, but, just as in the show, the Greyjoys had a pretty serious navy, and our noble leader Stannis was lost at sea. Matthos, Davos' son, had quickly rerouted his ships and landed before being taken out themselves. He would march north to Casterly Rock and set sail from there.

However at the same time the Walkers began stomping over my territories in the north. Davos marched west to the sea and attempted to reach the Walker's homeland and destroy it, thus destroying the Walkers, but the stupid Greyjoys kept attacking his navy, despite his messages asking them to cease. He was only trying to save the world after all. He did finally make it there, but he was too far east, and sadly died(?) in a Walker attack.

Matthos did manage to land at Pyke and assaulted the city, but Greyjoy reinforcements arrived in time to destroy him and his army.

With all my southerly armies decimated, Davos gone, and the Greyjoys not giving an inch of sea, the situation seemed somewhat hopeless. Fortunately I had a couple backup stacks in the north and instead of facing the Walkers head on I took them the same path as Davos and actually reached the far north intact. They snuck in and took out the Walker homeland, despite the stacks there, and thanks to the script the Walkers were destroyed.

I had loads of money by this point and was able to easily conquer or otherwise buy the northern territories from the free peoples. Braavos had taken the Fingers a long while back so they sold them to me for only half a million coins. ::)

In Essos Dany had conquered all but Braavos so we'll see if that half mil will do anything to help the Braavosi cause. :P

KurdishNomad

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 09:57:00 AM »
I am a bit late but does this version have scripts that consider most of the show like making dany eventually leave essos to take the iron throne?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 01:59:50 PM »
I guess this falls to me since CG isn't here any more: I don't think we ever got a big block of scripted events like that into the campaign, so no, the assumption in this version is more likely to be that the Targaryens just conquer Essos and roll on into Westeros.