Author Topic: noobie  (Read 8450 times)

delidingo1

• View Profile
    • Awards
noobie
« on: April 21, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »
good evening fellow modders, my name is delidingo1 but you can just call me matt, anyways to get to the point, i am new to madding and i have developed a strong liking for scene editing, i was wondering if there is anyone here (possibly someone of a high rank) that would take me in to the modding team and teach me the ways of the modders
:D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
noobie
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:28:50 PM »
Well if you like scene editing I have TONS that needs doing... interested?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

delidingo1

• View Profile
    • Awards
noobie
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:05:38 AM »
yes i would love to help with scene editing, i already know the basics of it:

movement- wasd
object movement- zxytu
delete- delete

i still don't get how to lay terrain down and mess around with it like adding hills and stuff, i also don't know how to weld, fill, and all of the other terrain manipulating choices, but i am sure that i wouldn't even take 30 minutes to learn all of that

delidingo1

• View Profile
    • Awards
noobie
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 12:23:04 AM »
here are some pictures of my first scene editing i have ever done, this is the training field, i know i messed up a little because of archery but i guess that is what i get for not testing first!
i got the arena blocks to take you back to the trainer (.) but i don't know how to change the name of the place it takes you to so that it will say "leave" or "back to trainer" instead of "." but i am sure i will learn that as i go if i joing the modding team

Attachments:

Colonel_Ryan

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
noobie
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
This thread made me want to start a "Scene contest" xD :D
Nice job there.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
noobie
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 05:43:10 PM »
Very nice. Check my tutorial in the tutorials section to learn more scene editing controls, and also in the SR -> Scene Editing thread there's a link somewhere to a tutorial on AI Meshing, which is a VERY important skill that nobody ever bothers to learn (which in turn leads to lots of really nice looking scenes not working at all with the AI).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

delidingo1

• View Profile
    • Awards
noobie
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »
wow thanks for the advice, i found the link and read about how the ai mesh works and how to lay it out and work with it and everything, i am glad you told me about this, how do you spawn ai?

delidingo1

• View Profile
    • Awards
noobie
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 11:36:08 PM »
okay, i think i am ready to start helping you and your team...