Author Topic: Extended Realism v4 Beta 5 Feedback Thread  (Read 2747 times)

Quinn_Inuit

• Not a real eskimo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Extended Realism v4 Beta 5 Feedback Thread
« on: July 02, 2016, 02:12:43 PM »
Played the beta?  Leave feedback here, please.
--
My writing-related Twitter feed.

The Extended Realism Mod  for Rome-Total War:  come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions.  Or vice versa.

Gen.jamesWolfe

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Extended Realism v4 Beta 5 Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 05:53:26 AM »
One thing--since it occurs to me:

I know it hasn't been finished--that is a given, and that RedFox has not really returned to it. However, I can't help but feel we could enhance the beta by integrating the already unlocked hardcoded limits from that injection project. This can then be released to the Public at large. All we need to do is to compile the injection .dll (or is it meant to be .exe? the notes aren't clear). This will then be released.

I ask, because we might just attract more support if we just release what has been done so far (included within the mod), which is already considerable as is (BI features in ALX, ALX ones in BI, unit size increases, etc). We'll have to contact Redfox, or alternatively find someone else to compile the code into something the average Joe can use.

I've been giving it a go myself, but haven't been as successful as Redfox (not as well trained).

I know, not directly related to the Beta, but I feel the beta would be more attractive with this when its public release comes--call it advertising with goods.

Quinn_Inuit

• Not a real eskimo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Extended Realism v4 Beta 5 Feedback Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 12:26:22 AM »
One thing--since it occurs to me:

I know it hasn't been finished--that is a given, and that RedFox has not really returned to it. However, I can't help but feel we could enhance the beta by integrating the already unlocked hardcoded limits from that injection project. This can then be released to the Public at large. All we need to do is to compile the injection .dll (or is it meant to be .exe? the notes aren't clear). This will then be released.

I ask, because we might just attract more support if we just release what has been done so far (included within the mod), which is already considerable as is (BI features in ALX, ALX ones in BI, unit size increases, etc). We'll have to contact Redfox, or alternatively find someone else to compile the code into something the average Joe can use.

I've been giving it a go myself, but haven't been as successful as Redfox (not as well trained).

I know, not directly related to the Beta, but I feel the beta would be more attractive with this when its public release comes--call it advertising with goods.

That's a good suggestion.  I don't know how to make use of the injector, though.  Can you point me to any of the documentation for it?  He developed it while I was on hiatus from modding.

For the record, this beta is pretty close to complete.  The changes from here on in are likely to be mostly cosmetic.
--
My writing-related Twitter feed.

The Extended Realism Mod  for Rome-Total War:  come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions.  Or vice versa.