Game Design and Project Resources: The Workshops Quarter > Norbayne

How Norbayne Currently Stands

(1/6) > >>

Phoenixguard09:
Hey guys,

Reading through the Norbayne stuff here on Exilian, it occurred to me how little there really is.

I am going to, hopefully, give some updates on how the project is looking here in this thread.

OVERALL RULESET:
- I am meeting with Duke Dev right now to discuss the finalised beta ruleset. We've seen some pretty big changes since the very beginning of the Three Coins playtesting. An extensive changelog will be available shortly.

ARTWORK:
We've hit a snag here. Mainly because we've not got a dedicated illustrator. We've got some which Lady Darkmoon has been kind enough to do, and I have tried to do some work of my own, but I'm just not very good.

PLAYTESTING:
We are currently over 20 sessions into the Three Coins campaign, along with 3 sessions of Whispers and a good few solo games too. The playtesting has gone very well, and detailed narrative reports are available predominantly on Giant in the Playground, but will also be available in their entirety right here on Exilian when I get around to it.

WORLDBUILDING:
The world of Norbaybe is very much fleshed out. The cultures of the world are distinct and unique, with several contributors helping with this. Special note should be given to Duke Dev for his help with the Invarrian and Bruin cultures, Ladyhawk for her help with the Danann and Dunscarth cultures and Lady Darkmoon for her work on the Leathe.

I will add some links and other bits and pieces to this post/thread soon. I just wanted to get some things down now.

Cheers, 

Clockwork:
Hell yeeh!

Phoenixguard09:
We are hoping to have the ruleset complete by February next year.

Once complete we will launch the Kickstarter and will hopefully be able to get books printed. By that stage the 3 Coins group should have finished and we will be printing the collected stories, along with commentary and artwork and using them as incentives.

In addition to all this, I and probably Ladyhawk will be heading to the UK, where we will, all things going to plan, host a stall and probably run a game at ExiliCon. I've already started writing the session plan for it.

Jubal:
Excitement! :) If I can be of help on eg KS planning, let me know, I've looked at a lot of them and I've got lots of contacts who've done successful ones who might be useful brains to pick.

I hope we can do a con this year, but it's a bit hard to tell at the moment. This year's was a bit flat and I'm worried that we'd struggle to get the stallholders back again - and then there's this big open question of "where am I even going to be" - it's looking increasingly likely that a PhD might take me abroad if I can get funding for it...

Phoenixguard09:
I would definitely appreciate the help and advice regarding Kickstarte mate, thank you.

As for ExiliCon, we'll just have to wait and see. But hopefully we can make it happen. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version