Author Topic: Development Diary  (Read 64631 times)

indiekid

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Development Diary
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2024, 10:46:17 AM »
Getting back in the game. Travel writing to follow soon I hope https://masterofolympus.wordpress.com/2024/01/20/diary-58-the-sponge/

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2024, 12:12:18 PM »
The night heron photo is nice :) I saw a lot of them in Tbilisi last summer, they're fun birds.

Re the Aztec/Mexican leg, I've got a whole book on Teotihuacan that I've never gotten round to reading, I should really get to that sometime. A brief look online suggests that the Toltecs were too chronologically late to have built Teotihuacan, though - that might be an older interpretation that's now been superseded.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

indiekid

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2024, 09:24:25 AM »
That will be an interesting read, and would give you a good understanding of the entire region at that time. I thought of going into the mysteries of the city's founders in the article, but in the interest of brevity I settled for a (?) next to the first mention of them!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2024, 05:49:35 PM »
Yeah, not enough time for every historical deep-dive one wants to put into an article :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

indiekid

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2024, 12:26:04 PM »