Author Topic: Roadwarden [Fantasy/RPG Elements/Pixel Art] [DEMO]  (Read 61682 times)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
Re: Roadwarden [Fantasy/RPG Elements/Pixel Art] [DEMO]
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2023, 07:34:36 AM »
Good catch, thank you! Do I understand correctly that the plague was cured, but Elpis never heard about it prior? Or did this greeting show up just like that, while the plague is still an issue?
Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.
Tales From Windy Meadow - my fantasy pixel art Visual Novel.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2023, 10:27:04 AM »
This was after the plague was cured: Elpis had never been told about it by the player (or even unlocked as a discussion option via Thais) before the plague was cured. You can kinda speedrun the plague cure and end up getting it well before you've told most people about the plague's existence if you're willing to throw a lot of blood at it early in a run, which is what V did! It's less jarring for most of the other people because you can imagine them having not gotten the news, but with Elpis you do actively have to go confront Howler's on the way to deliver the cure so it feels more weird that she doesn't know.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

BeerDrinkingBurke

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Innkeep
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2023, 04:23:09 PM »
Oh heck I don't think I even realised that you were here on Exilian too!
Hope everybody has had a chance to play Roadwarden by now. I just finished it last week as my first game to play after my health and vision had recovered enough. A real treat.

What with Citizen Sleeper as well last year, it feels like the future of text based games is very bright. ;-)
Developing a game called Innkeep! Serve Ale. Be jolly. Rob your guests. https://innkeepgame.com/

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2023, 10:09:58 AM »
It sure does! Next to Citizen Sleeper, NORCO is another 2022 text-heavy classic, though instead of being an RPG, it's an adventure game.
Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.
Tales From Windy Meadow - my fantasy pixel art Visual Novel.

BeerDrinkingBurke

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Innkeep
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2023, 10:32:40 AM »
Yes, I really enjoyed what I saw of NORCO, although I got stuck around the elevator / office section.
Developing a game called Innkeep! Serve Ale. Be jolly. Rob your guests. https://innkeepgame.com/