Author Topic: IntoSpace - mobile game [Devlog]  (Read 2292 times)

gurugamedev

• View Profile
    • Awards
IntoSpace - mobile game [Devlog]
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:02:03 AM »
Hi everyone! I would like to thank @ExilianOfficial for the invitation to post on this forum and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Arek Wozniak I do 3d art and some other stuff ;) with my friend M.S. (designer and some code :D) we started working on our own game.

So.. a little about us: We are from Poland and we both have a lot of experience in AAA game development, we're currently working on a premium Indie segment, while in free time we are creating Into Space! The game is destined to hit the mobile devices.

a little about the game itself:
In the premise the game was supposed to have a simple and readable graphics, very enjoyable gameplay, so big that we were able to grasp it as it was our first common mobile game

At this moment the state of the gamer is very very early, so everything is (i can say that) temporary  O0

Some more details and what is this game in shor:
You move the space capsule using your two fingers and tap on screen (cpt. obvious :D).
You will need to pass levels to unlock more worlds and thus unique mechanics assigned to specific planets. Levels can be maxed out, but we plan to make the game not too easy. To be honest it would be hell to max all levels haha  >:D
Fuel consumption and unique mechanics on the planet have a lot to do with it, and at the same time, when we try to give us a very big satisfaction.

Currently we have a prototype level and flight control and a prototype of menu. which ui iterations you can follow on the screen below.

There are just a few proposals for the planet, everything for iteration and animation :)

More info and progress soon   ::)
You can be always up to date by follow my Twitter
I will try to regular update the subject ;p

Let me know what you think and whether it makes sense at all haha  :gandalfgrey:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IntoSpace - mobile game [Devlog]
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:38:58 PM »
I'm usually awful at these sorts of skill-tapping games, but I really do love the art on this one, the planets are great!

If you wanted to get a better solar system theme - is there any reason why "inferno" and "ice" shouldn't be "Venus" and "Europa" respectively? :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

gurugamedev

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:44:09 PM »
I'm glad to hear that! and that the graphics could convince someone to play in such a game :)
As for the planets we try to iterate as many times as possible to fit both design and appearance.
We do not cling to the solar system, they are actually planets that bring a little fun and fresh air. We do not yet know the final list of worlds. I am most happy with Earth, Moon and Ice. Jungle need a little bit more work. Mars and underwater are relatively good, inferno is kinda lame :P, and alien is not quite what I wanted to achieve: P
The next step in the game menu is the simple animation of the planets and the adding some vfx to them (I would like to share with you ASAP with gifs!).
In the meantime, M.S. is designing a mechanic for each planet. Again thanks for a nice word and soon I put in new things!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 10:48:00 PM »
Yes, that's fair enough :) What were you going for with the alien one?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...