Author Topic: Jubal's Sontarans Skinpack  (Read 3993 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Sontarans Skinpack
« on: May 26, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »
Jubal's Sontaran Skinpack

To go with the 12th Doctor skinpack found here, I've finally finished my Sontaran skinpack! This is a five file mod that will replace the main goblin variants (shielder, clubber, axer, shaman, and bomber) with Sontarans from Doctor Who. The clubber and shielder are armed with glowing laser-batons and laser-swords, the axers have redesigned sci-fi translucent axes, the bomber still of course wields bombs, and the "shaman", now the orbital strike controller, has an antenna for summoning orbital bombardments. Hope you enjoy!

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

bigosaur

• View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
Re: Jubal's Sontarans Skinpack
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 08:26:59 AM »
The colors seem a bit dark, but it looks pretty good.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 10:35:59 AM »
I did try brighter colours when I started, they just felt wrong for the Sontarans somehow. I may have another play around with them at some point, but I doubt many other people will be using them so unless the downloads take off I'll probably just leave it and work on a few of the other ideas on my list next time I get to make skins :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

bigosaur

• View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 03:48:10 PM »
I forgot to mention it earlier, but the Clockwork staff is the closest we will get to the sonic screwdriver. The "stop all traps" effect was influenced by that idea. I also considered having it open doors and chests as well, but the staff seems too powerful as it is now (as it's one of the rare ways to rob all the dungeon shops).

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 10:40:40 PM »
I do like the clockwork staff - it's a nice weapon :)