Author Topic: Tabletop Gamer  (Read 2755 times)

Big_McLargehuge

• View Profile
    • Awards
Tabletop Gamer
« on: January 04, 2018, 07:34:26 PM »
hello, new here!  I'm more into table top games than video games honestly, so I'm eyeing up that Tabletop Games section hard right now, hoping for it to open soon!  My main game is D&D and Pathfinder, but I have a love of various board games as well!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tabletop Gamer
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:15:08 PM »
Welcome! Please do check out (and use) both the Tabletop Gaming and Tabletop Design forum areas, both of which have a range of things to comment on, ongoing projects, etc. The front-end page has been broken for a while, a major overhaul of it and similar pages is high on our "to do" list for the first part of 2018.

What games do you usually play? I used to do a lot of WHFB and Mordheim; these days I find it hard to find many opponents, so I do boardgaming a bit more and boardgame design, and I'm thinking of trying to start an RPG group where I live (Vienna) pretty soon. :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »
^I am looking forward to that (if I am permitted to join)... :)
"Those who don't beieve in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

Big_McLargehuge

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 01:54:02 AM »
Video games I still play are Skyrim, Conan Exiles, Minecraft, and indy games called Gunpoint and Starmade, and also almost every Transformers game.  For tabletop games usually D&D, I've started running a Pathfinder game for my friends, I've played a lot of Dark Heresy, some Shadowrun, a little bit of the Star Wars rpg.  For board games I've played Pandemic, Arkham Horror, Betrayal at House on The Hill, Carcasonne, Puerto Rico, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Power Grid, and many others.  I live in Canada, so I don't think I'll be joining in on your game, but I hope you have fun! :D  Thanks for the warm welcome!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 05:22:50 PM »
I'm looking at Savage Worlds for my upcoming RPG campaign - going to start a thread on that soon. I played Shadowrun and D&D a bit back in high school, played a GURPS campaign last summer too which was good fun.

Betrayal is a wonderful board game, I like Carcasonne and Catan as well. And I'm hoping to get back on with developing a couple of my own boardgames in 2018, too. :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...