Art, Writing, and Learning: The Clerisy Quarter > Arts, Crafts, Music & Drama - The Artisans' Guilds

Mountain Leopards: An Adventuring Story

(1/32) > >>

Jubal:

An Introduction

Welcome to Mountain Leopards! This is a webcomic written and arted (taking the term art loosely) by James 'Jubal' Baillie. It is based on a mix of classic D&D and fantasy gaming tropes, with obvious heavy inspiration from Rich Burlew's Order of the Stick in style and presentation, and also on the folklore, literature and legends of the Caucasus region. It follows a cleric and a group of misfit acquaintances he makes. The comic will probably never be 'finished' and updates on an as-and-when basis, though haranguing me to make more of it might actually work as a persuasion tactic and comments are very welcome.

Note that whilst this comic is largely funny (and always punny) it does include the sort of levels of violence normal for a fantasy adventuring tale and does also handle some serious and heavier topics, most notably unfreedom & slavery and their impact on some of the characters.

Episode List:

* Narrative Voice
* I Shot The Cleric (But I Didn't Shoot the Ordinary)
* The Man Upstairs
* Service de-liver-y
* Travel Proposal
* Best Foot Forward
* It's probably a Maille-ard
* An Uncomplicated Fellow
* At least it wasn't a wink-face
* Some of them want to use you
* In Charge
* Now You See Me
* It's Half The Battle
* No Rescue In Sight
* Meaningful Conversation
* Faay, Enchantress
* Spies In All Four Walls
* Administration of Justice
* The Beard Helped, Though
* Baggage Handling
* Hystrix Indications
* Appropriately Spiky
* Meat Shields
* Shields Meet
* Cracks Opening
* Should've Toad The Line
* In Darkness
* Some Comics Don't Have A Punchline

1. Narrative Voice

Index | Next ->

Silver Wolf:
I guess he should have invested in his passive perception a bit. :P

Jubal:
I guess in gaming terms Botso would be some kind of cross-class cleric/bard, considering he has enough plot sense to converse with the narrative voice. :)

I've also worked out plans for two more strips of this story, if anyone wants to hear what happens next?

comrade_general:
Do the thing.

Tusky:
It's good! Made me chuckle too. I'm not precious about my fourth walls

Would definitely read the others :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version