Author Topic: Frozen Skies: SWADE Edition  (Read 1486 times)

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
Frozen Skies: SWADE Edition
« on: October 08, 2018, 03:31:58 PM »
So a new edition of Savage Worlds recently got announced, mostly consisting of tweaks here and there with new rules. Like a lot of people I've closely been following the previews that have been seen so far, but nothing that seems to majorly effect Frozen Skies. Though ultimately we'll have to wait until the release of the new rules after the Kickstarter later this month.

http://www.utherwaldpress.com/2018/10/frozen-skies-swade-edition.html

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Frozen Skies: SWADE Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 04:37:20 PM »
Do you know if this will lead to re-releases/updates to all the secondary sourcebooks (like the Fantasy Companion) and make those obsolete too? Sounds an interesting bunch of changes, though given I bought the main rules + fantasy companion a few months ago and have hardly had time to work with them yet, having to shell out for a new set to stay up to date already makes me feel like that was a badly timed purchase!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 09:37:27 AM »
As I understand things;
*Yes, they'll be updating their core books and settings.
*They'll release a free PDF conversion guide.
*Current edition (Deluxe Explorer's Edition) will still be fine, hence why they're releasing the conversion guide mentioned above.
From the previews they've shown they've changed skills and added so-called 'everyman skills', tweaked the chase rules, changed how ranged weapons work and added in some new conditions.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 12:32:52 AM »
OK, I'll have to keep an eye out for the conversion guide then :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...