Author Topic: Legends of Castile point and click adventure game  (Read 6296 times)

torrezno_entertainment

• View Profile
    • Awards
Legends of Castile point and click adventure game
« on: March 25, 2023, 05:17:03 PM »
Hi!

I've been told to share my videogame here, so here we go!

Legends of Castile is a point and click adventure game featuring an original fantasy/comedy story placed in Spain in the region called Castile, set in the 19th century, where a series of traditional legends about folk creatures take place.

Our main character is MarĂ­a, a young village Castilian girl, who some days ago, just after a long night with her friends saw a vision of the Virgin Mary (or that's what she thought), and now, all of a sudden she wants to become a nun. Therefore, she went to a convent in Burgos and requested to be ordered as a nun. However, that is not so simple, for being able to become a nun, her future mother superior assigns her a mission. She has to investigate the mythological folk creatures of Castile, uncover if they are real, and collect an item of each of them, in order to prove their existence so the abbot take action against them and finish with their threat to the population of Castile.. and Christianity. In Legends of Castile, you will be able to advance in the story by solving integrated riddles/puzzles, meeting all kind of characters, defeating mythological folk creatures with your wit and exploring places all around Castile.

Key features
- An original story with mythological creatures, witches, humor and puzzles.
- Female main character.
- Classic frame by frame 12 fps animation.
- Inventory which can hold 15 items at the same time.
- Not too explicit references to the adventure game classics.
- Humor inspired in Monkey Island, Discworld, and The Day of the Tentacle games.
- More than 30 characters and creatures to interact with.
- More than 30 hand drawn environments, drawn on paper and colored digitally.
- Texts in English and Spanish languages (for the moment).
- No panel/mechanical exogenous adventure puzzles (guaranteed!).
- context sensitive three verb coin interface.
- Resolve puzzles in parallel while you discover legends of the oral tradition from Castile.

You can add it to your wishlist on Steam here

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2325200/Legends_of_Castile

Trailer of the game in Youtube:

Official social media:

https://twitter.com/legendscastile
https://discord.gg/yC3KgcQ5Nk
https://www.instagram.com/legendsofcastile_game

Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news about the game!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 05:32:24 PM by Jubal »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legends of Castile point and click adventure game
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 05:42:14 PM »
Lovely stuff! I think this is a wonderful concept and I signed up to the mailing list. The folklore stuff must be quite good for mixing item puzzles with discovery, as they often have a certain logic but it's not always very direct. I don't know much about Castilian folklore: I learned a certain amount about Cantabrian/Asturian folk creatures when I was in Spain, quite a long while ago now, but my impression is that their range (alicornio, xanas, musgoso, nuberu are ones I remember) is a bit different to much of the rest of Iberia? Though I guess that's not super far from Burgos.

Also welcome to Exilian! I used my admin powers to make the YouTube video embed, hope you don't mind :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 09:53:47 PM »
Looks really interesting!

Added to my wishlist. Looking forward to hearing more about it :)
<< Signature redacted >>

Spritelady

• Tribounos
    Site Magistrate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 11:28:58 AM »
Welcome to Exilian! That sounds like such an interested concept for a game - I look forward to playing it when I can! I might even challenge my Spanish-speaking skills and try it in Spanish sometime!

torrezno_entertainment

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 02:23:42 PM »

Lovely stuff! I think this is a wonderful concept and I signed up to the mailing list. The folklore stuff must be quite good for mixing item puzzles with discovery, as they often have a certain logic but it's not always very direct. I don't know much about Castilian folklore: I learned a certain amount about Cantabrian/Asturian folk creatures when I was in Spain, quite a long while ago now, but my impression is that their range (alicornio, xanas, musgoso, nuberu are ones I remember) is a bit different to much of the rest of Iberia? Though I guess that's not super far from Burgos.

Also welcome to Exilian! I used my admin powers to make the YouTube video embed, hope you don't mind :)

Hi! And thank you for your message. About folklore stuff made into puzzles, yeah, that's the point, it's interesting because it allows me to have a base for the scenes whereas I can have some freedom to connect all of them.

On the other hand, about Folkore from other parts of Spain, in Castile it is similar to Cantabria and Asturias, taking into acount that those parts of Spain have been part of Castile as well in some moments of history. Therefore, there's some common creatures with slightly different name. However, there are other which are unique in Castile.

Thank you for the question and for embedding the trailer in the post!

torrezno_entertainment

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 03:02:13 PM »
Thank you for your messages, I wanted to say that there is a new video of the game in Youtube showing the OST of the game and a tour around the house that will appear in the demo of the game. You can check it here, I don't know if it's better to create a new post for this but here it is!

Remember that you can add it to your Steam wishlist here: https://tiny.cc/legends-st

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 11:35:53 PM »
I really like the art style, it looks the right level of point and click adventure smooth and has a nice warmness to it. :) The music fits the theme very nicely too, is that something you guys did yourselves or did you buy some assets in?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

torrezno_entertainment

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 11:59:36 PM »
I really like the art style, it looks the right level of point and click adventure smooth and has a nice warmness to it. :) The music fits the theme very nicely too, is that something you guys did yourselves or did you buy some assets in?

Hi! Thank you very much! The music of this last video is the current music of the game, is by a musician I'm collaborating with, whose name is Grzegorz Drozdowski

BeerDrinkingBurke

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Innkeep
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2023, 04:29:38 PM »
Beautiful animation. That must have taken a lot of work. The color of the art has a lovely warmth to it too.
Developing a game called Innkeep! Serve Ale. Be jolly. Rob your guests. https://innkeepgame.com/